Fordmods Logo

Are pacemakers worth $230 more than generic? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Are pacemakers worth $230 more than generic?
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

downingj wrote:
However after reading TWR7X's post, he's obviously compared the two and has noticed a difference.

I wouldn't have thought that there would have been a noticable difference. Obviously there is.

I sure did. THe design difference between the pacey comps and the lukey motivators is extrmeley different. Mandrel bends on the Pacies, press on the lukeys. The paceys come right down under the car, the lukeys don't go down far and require another pipe to be fitted between the extractors and cat.
I'm not saying the Pacies are the king and be all and end all, just saying in this case the extra dollars was definately worth it!!!
The only way your ever going to know which ones suit you best is testing them all. But at the end of the day, you can tka ehte money you save by going the cheaper ones and put it towards the next mod to compensate or what ever.

Last edited by twr7cx on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2003 BA XT

WA, Australia

Hey Adam,

Where and how much did you pay, and were they really worth it?

I want to get a set next pay.

Can you put the heat shield back on or do you need to mod it?

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

downingj wrote:

Nope. No proof. Just a guess.
I too would rather ramp up my low-mid than achieve a few extra killers up top.
My point was, does this bloke (not you) really think that an extra $230.00 is worth the very minimal gain (top, min, low, whatever) he's gunna get by going the Pacies.

However after reading TWR7X's post, he's obviously compared the two and has noticed a difference.

I wouldn't have thought that there would have been a noticable difference. Obviously there is.

What do YOU reckon he should do TICKFORD_6???

Having worked in an exhaust shop for about 3 years and my current job as a mechanic in a performace work shop, I've fitted most brands and types of extractors to these cars. and honestly i wouldn't waste my money on any thing less then pacemaker. even if it is only for quality.

wich type of pacemaker depends on what future mods he has planed.

there also come a point where an off the shelf header isn't going to be enough. in wich case i'll make my own to suit the engine.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I think you're missing the point... my car cost me $4000.. it is never going to be a performance machine... anything I do to it is on the cheap.
If I wanted to build a proper car.. sure I wouldn't think twice about getting pacemakers.. but not for this car

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
there also come a point where an off the shelf header isn't going to be enough. in wich case i'll make my own to suit the engine.

lol, a dads mate made extractors for his Corona just couse he could. I thoguth it was awsome!

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

AdamN wrote:
I think you're missing the point... my car cost me $4000.. it is never going to be a performance machine... anything I do to it is on the cheap.
If I wanted to build a proper car.. sure I wouldn't think twice about getting pacemakers.. but not for this car

if thats the case why did you ask the question in hte first place?

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Because if I could justify the extra $230.. then I'd buy them.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Dose anyone done the compareson between Pacemakers 4480 and the JMM headers. Im about to install a Ticford head with bigger inlet valves a Dev 3HL cam and about to get ehaust on the car tomorrow, was thinking a red back 2 1/2 system with 4480 pacemakers. Any think that the JMM would be better ??????

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

AdamN wrote:
I don't really notice as much down low cos I don't floor it all that much from standing start. Maybe it's just cos when I'm above 3500rpm and over 100km/h.. it just keeps pulling and pulling.. the speedo doesn't slow down.
It's probably got more power throughout the range lol

Well you should drive a stage 3 RPD equiped car :) That is high rpm power :) The tacho bounces at 5800rpm all to easy.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

stevegt wrote:
Dose anyone done the compareson between Pacemakers 4480 and the JMM headers. Im about to install a Ticford head with bigger inlet valves a Dev 3HL cam and about to get ehaust on the car tomorrow, was thinking a red back 2 1/2 system with 4480 pacemakers. Any think that the JMM would be better ??????

Well I don't know what the difference is, but when I ordered my DEV3HL cam kit with them I told them that I already had installed replacement headers, hi flo cat and a 2 1/2" and they seemed really disappointed. They were very confident that their headers would have given me more power than the ones I have on there now.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2