Fordmods Logo

AU 4l Engine and auto in ed 4l with original ed manifolds 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: AU 4l Engine and auto in ed 4l with original ed manifolds
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

hi guys my member name is shonky12 and i want to know i think i got the idea on putting the au 4.0l engine in a ed 4.0 l using ed ignition and manifolds but i really want to know if putting the au auto transmission in the ed is as siple as plugging it in the ed transmission control unit (just plugging the old transmission plugs back into the new one once unplugged from the old one).

the reason for asking that is oneday i want to upgrade the ed engine and transmission to the au but keeping the floor shift floor and stick in the ed original and the pwr econ switch original as well.

well for the au engine from what information i got you need a

au head and block

el/au alternator

el/au water pump

el/au power steering pump

xh ute belt tensioner

xh aircon bracket

xh or el aircon compressor

please correct me on engine parts if im wrong on any of it

i need a fully detailed guide on putting the au auto in a ed with the au engine keeping the auto floor and stick and pwr/econ switch and wiring and tcu original

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

can you re-write that in english please ?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

i really want to know if putting the au auto transmission in the ed is as siple as plugging the wiring back in the ed transmission control unit

the reason for asking that is oneday i want to upgrade the ed engine and transmission to the au but keeping the auto knob and button on the knob and the area where the power/economy switch is original.

well for the au engine from what information i got you need a

au head and block

el/au alternator

el/au water pump

el/au power steering pump

xh ute belt tensioner

xh aircon bracket

xh or el aircon compressor

please correct me on engine parts if im wrong on any of it

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

any replies would be good but i may have it sorted

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ea 5 spd

SA, Australia

i gather u r the guy that came in 2day 2 my work and asked me afew questions!!!

well au head is a down grade!!

get a ef or early el head they seem 2 work the best!!

and wat r u actually tryin 2 acheive hear???

kenny

mods: pacemaker extractors, 2.5in red back ,lowered with pedders 17" rims, extreme h/d ceramic clutch, 3.45 ef lsd, and rear brakes, clear indicators, ef thermo's, stage 2 crow (daily)

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

ea_5_speed ill tell you mate what i want to do when the original ed engine is wornout is have a crack at putting a au enigne in like the conversions others had a go at doing with their cars. so do i use a au block and el head or do i use a au head as well as a au block what do i need to do it with ed manifolds and ignition

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

shonky12 wrote:
ea_5_speed ill tell you mate what i want to do when the original ed engine is wornout is have a crack at putting a au enigne in like the conversions others had a go at doing with their cars. so do i use a au block and el head or do i use a au head as well as a au block what do i need to do it with ed manifolds and ignition

From a lot of the posts I've read, an AU block with an EF or early EL head is the way to go. You'll need to get the sump or chassis modified though. The manifolds should bolt on without any problems. An easier solution is just get an early EL motor and swap the manifolds over. I'm looking at this option when my 3.9L dies.

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

so does the au alternator plug into the ed wiring harness and be as simple as upgrading the fuse maybe adding heavier wiring, i know the au accessories is the same as el

also with the au auto if i plug it straight into the ed tcu and ed wiring will the power/economy switch be down for power up for economy like it was for the ed auto

and also im enquiring about the cost of a au engine, el/xh aircon pump, xh ute tensioner a**/belt, xh aircon bracket

i want to know how much the au engine with 50,000-150,000kms prefrably around 50,000-100,000kms and what ever price for the engine does that engine come complete with accessories.

i dont need au manifolds as im putting it to a ed with original ed ign and manifolds but i do how ever want ed manifolds.

if it turns out the au engine comes with au manifolds im pulling it off and replacing it with ed manifolds both sides.

how much is a xh/el aircon pump, xh ute belt tensioner assembly/single belt/aircon bracket.

also how much is a el/xh distributor

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]