Fordmods Logo

au burst radator tank 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Thanks for showing your character mate i was simply saying if you have no idea or you couldn't do it go see a mech.

BTW i had this issue with my V8, almost every part of the cooling system needed replacing due to having over 300.000klms.

Check your water pump you might be surprised.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

I had an au do this a couple of months ago.Blew the side of the radiator out and it was caused by the low speed fans not kicking in..the lh side fan was faulty which meant no fans worked and only the rh fan would kick in when hot but unfortunately it was too late .The coolant turns to steam and pressurises the tank and to quote Batman KAPOW you have a [f**k sorry ladies]radiator.Cheers Kevman.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:03 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

smegoalll wrote:
no its never got hot i think the presser is coming from a blocked radiator if i get it flused and check the pump and replace the tank it sould be fine im just hopping some one on here has had a similar prob
smegoalll wrote:
i know you can blow a radiator if your termistat closes when it souldent so i think its my radiator blocking causing the problem and maby a crock pump not helping cant check pump my tool are at my old ladys bros dropping them off tomorrow

from my experience if it never got or gets hot you can rule out a blocked radiator. if the radiator was blocked the water wont be getting cooled = over heat..
the same with the thermostat if it doesnt open the water in the engine will not flow and boil = overheat..
and the same with the water pump if its not pumping the water the way it should the water wont flow throught the radiator = over heat..

thats why i said head gasket.. it soumds like the compression/exhaust gasses are leaking past the gasket causing pressure and in some cases will cause it to over heat but if your cooling system is working properly it may keep the engine cool enough not to overheat..

have you checked for bubbles in the coolant while the engine is running???

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

no bubbles no waer in oil no Engine oil in water
Cant check pump tools at my old ladies
tried to flush radiator with solvent as pre instruction but still has oil in it
will have to wait till i have tools to check pump tomorrow
will have to wait till i can get radiator flushed properly thinking of gernining it tommorow at grandparents place

sorry to be hash but when i ask for advice and only get resposes saying i sould go to a mechanic or replace the head gasket when i have already stated where the oil came from i did get a bit annoyed thanks for your help from then onwards

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

checked pump all good
pulled old tank of and flushed each core all clear
put a secondhand tank on holds presser
ran with out fans till it hit the L of normal
i was a bit surprised even with a 100 kpa cap instead of the 120 kpa stranded the cap still did not open has any one ever boiled a radiator in a au?
at what temp did the cap open?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2