Fordmods Logo

AU Engine and auto Transmission in ed using original ed igni 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU Engine and auto Transmission in ed using original ed igni
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

hi everyone sorry for another question but i sent this to ea_5_speed but he didnt reply so im sending this to you. well

my member name is shnonky12, ill tell you mate what i want to do when the original ed engine is wornout is have a crack at putting a au enigne in like the conversions others had a go at doing with their cars. so do i use a au block and el head or do i use a au head as well as a au block what do i need to do it with ed manifolds and ignition.

i need to know wnat to use and how to put a au engine in a ed fairmont using ed ignition and manifolds and serpentine belt

are you the kenny that works in gunnings

also just interested to find out if a au auto in a ed is a straight swap and

Will the ed shift rod and gear stick/button fit the au auto or can i use the au auto gear rod with the ed handle for the auto and when i push the floor shift gearbox switch down to put the auto in power mode and push the switch back up for economy mode.

Will that still be the same with the au auto in a ed using the ed tcu or will the power/economy switch be in the oposite positions like the ef/el just need to know before i get a au auto as i want to keep the look of the power/economy button and the gear handle original

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:21 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

is anyone going to reply

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

the engine is a straight swap except you have to change the harmonic balancer and timeing cover if you want to retain the 3 belt system,also the front of the sump needs modifying to fit in the e series,you'll also need to install your distributor as the au's use coil packs.

transimission wise you can use a later model ie el which will bolt up except for 2 bolts which is nothing to worry about.

most btr's are a straight swap as i have a EL transmission in my ea.

good luck.

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

no way i want to use single belt and is a el or au alternator plug and play with the ed alternator wiring harness. if not how do i make it take the al or au alternator.

also with the au auto is the ed power/economy switch up for economy and down for power using the ed tcu. if not how can change the pwr/econ switch to keep the original positions

delete this as its transfered into the gearbox section thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]