Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: AU engine in My NC fairlane. HAHAHA finally done
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

haHA i finally have my car back.

Anyone considering puting an AU i6 into an E-deries, be prepared for alot of pain and suffering. in the end its turned a bit dodge as i had to cut and bend the crossmember just a tiny bit then reweld it. Anyway i cant remember all the stuff i had to do right now but if there any Q'ns just ask.

now i just goto get my gas converter fixed. new exasust and cat and fit the pacemakers in my boot and ...... it never ends.

Ben

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

What was wrong with ur old engine?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well the crankshaft was moving back and forward (snapping belts ect) and then it did a head gasget.

there was no way i was gonna spend heaps of money fixing my 3.9 so i though id have a crack at a lowish k hopefully longer lasting 4.0

it wouldve been alot easier to just chuck an ed xr6 in but its fully custom now

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Post subject: Re: AU engine in My NC fairlane. HAHAHA finally done
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

SlickNCGhia wrote:
haHA i finally have my car back.

Anyone considering puting an AU i6 into an E-deries, be prepared for alot of pain and suffering. in the end its turned a bit dodge as i had to cut and bend the crossmember just a tiny bit then reweld it. Anyway i cant remember all the stuff i had to do right now but if there any Q'ns just ask.

now i just goto get my gas converter fixed. new exasust and cat and fit the pacemakers in my boot and ...... it never ends.

Ben

I think the main problem people run into when putting an AU motor into E-series is that they cut the crossmember. There is absolutely no need to do so at all. Just grind down the fins on the front of the sump. Thats what I did with mine and I have a good 1cm or so gap between the front of the sump and the crossmember. Cutting and welding any part of the k-frame is really dodgy. Can't imagine that it would still pass a roadworthy if someone looked at a cut kframe.

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah it was at like midnight and id been trying to bend it for hours and that thing is damn strong. i didnt want to cut the fins off like you did cause it really weakens the sump. i only cut 3 sides just to bend it easier. anyway hopefully they wont see it in the roadworthy. touchwood

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:28 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

SlickNCGhia wrote:
yeah it was at like midnight and id been trying to bend it for hours and that thing is damn strong. i didnt want to cut the fins off like you did cause it really weakens the sump. i only cut 3 sides just to bend it easier. anyway hopefully they wont see it in the roadworthy. touchwood

thats what i did to mine...that part of the k frame isnt really a load bearing part of the frame anyway its just to add rigidy...
when i got the blue slip nsw (road worthy) to change the engine number over they didnt even look at the front of the k frame..

its good to see you got it up and running did you use the log manifold or did you go with the el manifold and ecu????

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey TROY thanks for you help. i used my log manifold and ecu plus pretty much everything else from the old 3.9 excpt the engine. it purrrrrrs now and has alot better response. ive still got the bbm but i dont think ill use it.

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:12 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

cool

yea i noticed the au engine is soo much smother than the early e series engines...and has really good torque..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]