Fordmods Logo

Au head gasket 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Au head gasket
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:48 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

QLD, Australia

If I'm wanting to put an au head gasket in my ef to help with increasing compression does anyone know the particular part number for it? And can I just get It from repco or somewhere or is it a genuine ford gasket. I went to repco the other day and asked for an au gasket and they tried to sell me an acl one that said suits eb to au and the part number was br520mt.
Is this what I'm looking for?

Also I know I may get a few different opinions here but does anyone have any advice on running in new piston rings?

Post subject: Re: Au head gasket
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

003106 wrote:
Also I know I may get a few different opinions here but does anyone have any advice on running in new piston rings?

I followed the advice of these guys and had no problems. If you drive like a granny and nurse the engine, the bores will glaze and the rings won't seal. The only way to fix it then is to remove the engine and rehone the bores.

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/runin.htm

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Part number ER 6051 A $98.75 Ford recommended retail. :)

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

QLD, Australia

Cheers guys just went and picked up the genuine gasket from ford and yeah it looks quite differentto what repco were trying to sell me.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Can anyone tell me the difference between the AU MLS and some of the other MLS gaskets on the market? ACL and Jim mock sell MLS gaskets now, is there any benefit in getting the genuine ford one?

Reason I ask is because I would like to buy the complete kit of my EF, could I buy a complete kit for the AU and use it on my EF 4.0? Do ford sell a complete kit? (kit consisting of intake, exhaust, valve stem seals etc..)

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Extract from their website:

'ACL manufactures a range of composite gaskets under the RACE SERIES brand which are specifically designed for High Performance engines. Available as a Cylinder Head Gasket or Full Gasket Set (includes supplementary gaskets such as inlet manifold, timing cover, oil and fuel pump gaskets), ACL Race Series Gaskets are suitable for many of the popular 6 & 8 cylinder applications and feature:

Asbestos free Kevlar ® reinforced facing material designed to withstand higher temperatures and loading
Stainless Steel bore ferreles ensuring a greater tolerance for increased compression pressures and temperatures
Heavy duty silicone compound surface coating formulated to provide a good seal and a clean release on teardown of the engine
Strategically located beading to enhance sealing of coolant and oil passages
These gaskets are not designed for use in forced induction engines'

Im guessing that if their wasnt better than genuine ford they wouldnt be asking more for it or they would very quickly get a bad reputation.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Thanks for that. I just replaced my head gasket and after looking at the old ACL gasket I decided to go genuine AU MLS. So far so good no leaks and i'm hoping I get more than 40,000kms out of it this time.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]