Fordmods Logo

AU Head Gaskit Kit for EL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU Head Gaskit Kit for EL
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

G'day Guys'

Just want to know as it's time to do the head gaskit (small leak on drivers side - not welch plugs as already replaced those) It seems to be general recommendation to replace the head gaskit with an AU one and head bolts with AU ones as well... anyone agree / disagree?

The question I want to know is if I order a genuine AU Head Gaskit kit will that have all the gaskits i need for my EL?

btw car is 97 EL XR6

Cheers

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ummm this topic has been covered a lot of times. Try using the search function and majority of the questions will be answered.

It is suggested to replace the head gasket with an AU one. Goes the same with head bolts.

Though when using an AU head gasket, you need to use AU specs when tightening the head bolts I believe.

Get an EL VRS head gasket kit. Then go buy the AU head gasket and bolts separately. I think some things in the AU kit won't fit on the EL...so it works out cheaper if you buy the EL kit and get the AU gasket separate...but I am not 100% sure.

Good luck with it...and make sure you use the search function. A lot of things have been asked and covered...another thing, Fordmods search function is not like Google...so have patience going through the results, you might learn something.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

I did use the search engine, and couldn't find the answer I was looking for, however you have answered it.

I just wanted to know if I could just buy the AU kit, but you have pointed out that the AU bolts and gaskit should be seperate and to get an EL kit.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

You will have to watch out for the Ford AU bolts being bigger than the EL ones. Especially on the diameter of the integral washer. Be prepared to do a little grinding on a bench grinder.

See this post
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

95 EF Wagon, Dedicated Gas

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]