Fordmods Logo

AU III XR6 or BA XT Mk 1 

Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

prydey wrote:
they were just the 2 cars i selected. was merely pointing out that for the price of an au3 xr6 vct you could just about get a ba xr6.

or you could get your ba xt and have a couple of grand left over to improve the looks/performance etc.

all these people on here that say they prefer their 5 - 10 year old cars over the ba..... thats just silly and quite often you compare cars you have modified. so your e series xr handles better than a ba xt. what if you compared a stock ef gli to a ba xt. that would be a more fair comparison. or you could modify the ba like you have your e/au series to even it up.

every motoring journo on the planet will tell you the ba is the best ford yet bar none. they may be paid to say that but they are not wrong.

i completely hear where you are coming from. All i am saying is stock for stock the BA xr6 is not the quickest falcon released, as it is damn heavy. As an overall package it's a great car, but for the price I'd buy the AU XR that's just me.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

BA XT's can be bought for $13-14,000, spend the extra $6,000 and it will go hard, plus cheaper insurance. I draged off a VY SS a couple days ago in my XT. I am biased though...

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

Andre wrote:
BA XT's can be bought for $13-14,000, spend the extra $6,000 and it will go hard, plus cheaper insurance. I draged off a VY SS a couple days ago in my XT. I am biased though...

exactly!!! case in point. just read andre's sig to see how easy it is.

thats it for me :D i've just realised i may be going a bit over the top on this one. each to their own hey :wink:

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Last edited by prydey on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Spending $6000 on mods, ur gonna be lucky to get insured on ur p's (the age this kid is), let alone cheaper insurance than a stock XR6 mate.... Not to mention how f**k boring BA's look....

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Every 40 year old who want to be look sporty drives a stock standard XR6. Anything with XR is gonna cost heeps more, AU probably more than BA.

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

A BA XT is about as sporty as a fat guy in speedos.
Yo'd need to spend almost six grand in rims, bodykit paint etc to get it looking as good as teh AU XR. But that is all subjective.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
A BA XT is about as sporty as a fat guy in speedos.
Yo'd need to spend almost six grand in rims, bodykit paint etc to get it looking as good as teh AU XR. But that is all subjective.

ur right it is subjective coz i wouldnt swap mine for a cash difference.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

To the original post, Take a AUIII XR6 VCT & BA I XT for a test drive your self. then make up your mind. cause all you're getting is conflicting advice because one says the BA XT is useless & the other guy is saying the BA XT is boring & useless.

AUIII XR6 VCT will always hold its value compared to a BA XR6 of the same year or later.

test drive for yourself.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Bodykit = more weight, most bodykits do f*** all. My car looks better than an XR6, no d**k extention needed...

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

Slick wrote:

AUIII XR6 VCT will always hold its value compared to a BA XR6 of the same year or later.

what are you basing this assumption on? if you've followed the thread you will have noticed that i posted up a couple of examples of each from carsales. the ba xr6's that were cheaper were 02 models with high km's.
when new the au xr6 vct was $39620. 02 ba xr6 $37775. i'd say the ba is holding better myself.

while looking up this info i found that the hp is actually just as quick if not quicker as the vct is 120kg heavier due to irs.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Andre wrote:
Bodykit = more weight, most bodykits do f*** all. My car looks better than an XR6, no d**k extention needed...

yeah, no worries mate. <rolls eyes>. a plastic bodykit weighs next to nothing!

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

prydey wrote:
Slick wrote:

what are you basing this assumption on? if you've followed the thread you will have noticed that i posted up a couple of examples of each from carsales. the ba xr6's that were cheaper were 02 models with high km's.
when new the au xr6 vct was $39620. 02 ba xr6 $37775. i'd say the ba is holding better myself.

while looking up this info i found that the hp is actually just as quick if not quicker as the vct is 120kg heavier due to irs.

Yeah, seen a 2003 BA XR6 ute for $18900 at the end of financial year with only 89000km. a 2002 III AU XR6 ute with 85600km for $22950 on the same yard. go figure.
I seen enough dealers & driven enough AUs & BA 1s to make my mind up. I'm sticking to my AU til the next model BF FALCON is lower in price.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
smiley235 wrote:
I always hope when I get a cab that its a BA cause the AU's are always falling apart!!

I'm pretty sure i read the opposite somewhere, that the majority of cab drivers prefer the AU's to the BA's and say the BA's are POS....

Dead right, my mate has been doing LPG conversions since 1990, all the cabies tell him the BA's are s**t, they said out of every single Falcon made the AU was the best car.

I've mentioned before, my mate just bought a BF XR8 ute, it's been back to the dealers as he wasn't happy with the build quality, guards out of line, tub out of line, dent in the roof (Ford said the dent is normal).
Before this he bought an AU 2 XR8 ute new in 02, he said the build quality of the AU was spot on compared to the BF.

He took the BF back to get everything fixed, they gave him a Territory to drive, they kept calling saying your car is ready, he said is the dent fixed, they said no, he said cya... LOL.

In the end they got the s**t and threatened to report the Territory stolen if he didn't return it and pick his ute up... He went and picked it up that day LOL.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
Andre wrote:

yeah, no worries mate. <rolls eyes>. a plastic bodykit weighs next to nothing!

If he wants a car that "looks" sporty, he could get an XT with a GT body kit for the same price as an XR6.

Given he is looking at XT or AU XR6, he is looking at the $15,000 mark. At the most..

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

For an example of the build quality of BA's look at other posts in this forum, in one of them, a dude has his fan belt in his BA gone at 15,000k's... Mine in my AU lasted 130,000....

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next