AU - Lagging power 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU - Lagging power
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Au Falcon with TE50 Bodykit

VIC, Australia

Hi Folks

Ive got a AU Fairmont Series 1 that i just bought. Ive noticed that the car has a rough idol where its smooth and then sorta gives out a slight shudder and then this keeps repeating. Also when I give it to it from a standing start it seems to have power then lose it for a few secs then get it back and keeps doing this cycle over and over again.

Checked out with a few guys and they seem to say that it mite be the fuel filter thats clogged but that does'nt sound rite to me. Have checked spark plugs and the leads, all seems good. Dont know what to do and its really starting to s**t me.

The only mod on the car is a 2 1/2 inch after the cat.

Any ideas on what it could be and where or what i need to check.

What do you call a holden with twin exhaust pipes?>>>>>>>> A WHEEL BARROW .....LOL

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

well does it only run rough at idel. or does it loose power when driving it.
if its only at idle id say it could be ur idle stepper motor that is not doing its job right, or dirty injectors, throttle body.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF GLI

NSW, Australia

well i sort of have the same problem but it is only when i am driving especially when the engine needs alot of fuel it just isnt getting it. Feels like 10 flat spots going up in any gear its horrible. i am thinking it is because i ran it nearly too empty so it picked up all the settled s**t on the bottem of my fuel tank. I am putting in my new fuel filter this w/e so i will let u knoe if that fixes it for me

Post subject: had the same problem
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:11 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont 2001 series 3

VIC, Australia

hey man
yeah i had the same problem with my Au 3 i bought it with bout 85,000 on it, when i hit the gas and the fule was below half full when i got to 3500 revs it just laged for a second then kicked back in. talk to the guy i bought it off he said he took it in for the same thing once before but they told him just dun let the fule level get low i said well f**k that. took it in and turns out had a bit of s**t in the fule pump/line but also that the injectors had been cloged, got it all cleaned up and cost a bit....... but man it was worth it!!! no power lag and better responce, feels great.

hope this helps, let us know how u go.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]