Fordmods Logo

AU Radiator Heating 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: AU Radiator Heating
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon AU

WA, Australia

On a cold day, I drive my AU for about 20 minutes, and the heating dial arrow points up to the "O" on the NORMAL of the radiator heating meter.

Is this completely normal?

Even if I keep driving for another 3 hours, it still maintains around the same "O" mark, I was expecting it to go further than the "O" after 3 hours, but it doesn't move - any advice would be great thanks

What do you call a Hyundai with dual exhausts?

A wheelbarrow.

Post subject: Re: AU Radiator Heating
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

The item you're refering to is the Temperature gauge. Sitting on O is normal as the thermostat regulates the temperature of the engine. We want to keep the engines temperature in the sweet spot. Not to cold so we have to add extra fuel (has to run rich because of a lack of latent heat) but not to hot that the thing overheats. A hotter engine can use a leaner air/fuel ratio as combustion occurs easily.

I just wish my fairlane regulated it's temp as well as your AU. And yes it does have a new genuine thermostat.

Keep in mind that it should remain on O in the middle of summer.

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Post subject: Re: AU Radiator Heating
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

falcon1999 wrote:
On a cold day, I drive my AU for about 20 minutes, and the heating dial arrow points up to the "O" on the NORMAL of the radiator heating meter.

Is this completely normal?

Even if I keep driving for another 3 hours, it still maintains around the same "O" mark, I was expecting it to go further than the "O" after 3 hours, but it doesn't move - any advice would be great thanks

This is ridiculous!!

Mate, I'm guessing, since you are of driving age that you are at least 16 or 17 years old? Have you just now opened your eyes to anything automotive?? Did you take no notice of anything that was going on in your parents cars etc over your formative years?? Did you not notice that their cars didn't overheat as a matter of course on longer trips?

I'm really not trying to be rude (in case this offends) but ALL your posts/topics to date have been so naive as to seem as though you may be taking the p*ss?? I mean the above scenario you questioned is one that ANY person understands is normal, without needing to have any understanding of the mechanics of an automotive cooling system what so ever. Your question seems a total nonsense. I mean FFS "the heating dial arrow"????? You can't be serious!

Sorry again for this rant, but it's frustrating to read. Sort of like a train wreck. It's disasterous and horrible to look at, but I just can't turn away!

Is it perhaps time for Fordmods.kindy.com Fordmods for beginners??

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]