Fordmods Logo

Au serial 3 engine and el auto 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Au serial 3 engine and el auto
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Need some information as l brought complete AU serial 3 engine 109.00km for $270 :lol: and is possible for this engine will fit EL Auto transmission without to much dramas however the enginer sump need to cut , tig welding the plate mate to au alloy sump myself is no big deal to fit el engine bay :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Au serial 3 engine and el auto
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:11 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

Spend an extra $30-$40 at a wreckers and get the AU bellhousing and bolts. The wrecker I bought my AU engine from had plenty of AU bellhousings as he was fitting AU autos to EF/EL and retaining the older bellhousings from the EF/EL. If you change them over, you will have to remove the torque converter. I fitted a new front seal and had to add about 4 litres of trans fluid to replace the old stuff that came out of the torque converter.

See this thread for more info. ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/just-starting-au-in-ef-conversion-t81875.html

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Post subject: Re: Au serial 3 engine and el auto
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thank alfy12
As l do remmber that l brought Au auto transmission for my other el futura wagon as l cant remmber if l had to change the EL bell housing to AU transmission that was two and half years ago plus also fitting out of old air condinter as oil cooler and the colour of tranning oil stay red for more than 150000 km no sign of overheat or wearing the band out also had homemade shift kit as very happy with it going on my belove el falcon 1995 model (manufacter in November) had coil pack and also fitting rear BA rotor at the rear axle has larger piston bore (not from ford) than el braker calpier and l use Toyota brake pad not stupid tiny el or au small rear brake brake pad and rotor that is made for go kart. front brake still standard so no need for up grade however ever car stoping distance at high speed now is half stopping lenght and feel much safer to drive now .anyway my english is not good but still try hard regard goofyman

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]