Fordmods Logo

AU To XH2 Engine conversion. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: AU To XH2 Engine conversion.
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Xh

NSW, Australia

Ive recieved some great imput from members about this issue. Im Gonna do it, Planning on next Wednesday Thursday. There are a series of unsanswered or blurry areas. When Fitting the XH2 Dizzy where does the new drive for the dizzy come from, out of the AU Block ?????.... Where does the power for the coil come from, from the old coil pack fitting ???????.... Any hard and fast info on splicing the knock sensor into the XH loom. THats it Im good to go. Il smash this out easy... If I can just get these little things ironed out. ALL Help will be kindly accepted. If I get a little more help il do more rust repair articles, everyone likes em. Daz.

Post subject: Re: AU To XH2 Engine conversion.
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Dazmonster wrote:
Ive recieved some great imput from members about this issue. Im Gonna do it, Planning on next Wednesday Thursday. There are a series of unsanswered or blurry areas. When Fitting the XH2 Dizzy where does the new drive for the dizzy come from, out of the AU Block ?????.... Where does the power for the coil come from, from the old coil pack fitting ???????.... Any hard and fast info on splicing the knock sensor into the XH loom. THats it Im good to go. Il smash this out easy... If I can just get these little things ironed out. ALL Help will be kindly accepted. If I get a little more help il do more rust repair articles, everyone likes em. Daz.

Sump has to be cut and welded to fit an AU motor.
or the cross member needs to be cut/shut.

Dizzy will go in the place it was in the XH engine. (clamp bracket will be 180 deg out) no concern.
Yes, cut and shut the knock sensor. infact, the AU uses the same pins, but different plug, you can make a nice neat joiner.
Use the entire XH engine loom. all items are there as per usual.
Use the XH Thermostat block to retain the temp sender position as the AU's run them from the rear of the block. OR extend the wires and use the AU type.

Here's a little doco i wrote a while back now, the XH has the same cross member as an EF
ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/au-sump-mod-for-e-series-t79648.html

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]