Fordmods Logo

AU VCT into EBII 

Page 5 of 10 [ 141 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: AU VCT into EBII
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

XR-Lane wrote:
itlookslikeaxr6 wrote:
Mine as Part number

WR2A 9425 AC

One would expect there different if the BBM them selves are slightly different. You probably cat see yours but troyman could get his, but i dont expect him to go out to shed. In your own time.

Yeahp, mine is the same as yours. when I put it on the car I will post in my thread how it is done.

Josh

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

If your going to use the EB loom Im not sure if the EF sensor we are talking about is the same on the EB? Troyman will need to confirm this for us. As I am intending to do the same to my ED.

Josh

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

XR-Lane wrote:
Ok I removed my fuel rail, and got the sensor off.

As you can see the hole is there in this AU BBM it just needs a tap run through it. The vacuum line seems to be the same aswell.

What do you think Troy?

Josh.

Wasn't the vacuum line in question relating to the one for the MAP? This is located on the opposite side of the bbm from your pic, on the passenger side of the throttle body.

I'm running all EA wiring including the mpfi loom with my EF BBM manifold and it's sweet. Just had to change TPS and ISC plugs. All the sensors are doing their thing....thats with the EL ecu too. A J3 chip will make you ecu as if it was manual. But I too am using the resistor trick atm.

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Well now that the sale as falen through ive got an entire 94 EF which is one of dads old cabs.

The engine has been sitting in the yard for a good 6 years so im not keen on using it, plus i got my hybrid one now. Anyways the lower half of the BBM was on the engine in teh weather and the butterflys and stuff are rusted. but the top half has been in the shed so its just a bit dirty. The EF loom was on teh engine but id say i could still use that but would need to check if its working. I could even go to the trouble of putting the hybrid engine and T5 in the old EF to see how the engine and T5 are without pulling my car apart. Sounds good get it all working and then change it accross.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

NZEA wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:
Ok I removed my fuel rail, and got the sensor off.

As you can see the hole is there in this AU BBM it just needs a tap run through it. The vacuum line seems to be the same aswell.

What do you think Troy?

Josh.

Wasn't the vacuum line in question relating to the one for the MAP? This is located on the opposite side of the bbm from your pic, on the passenger side of the throttle body.

I'm running all EA wiring including the mpfi loom with my EF BBM manifold and it's sweet. Just had to change TPS and ISC plugs. All the sensors are doing their thing....thats with the EL ecu too. A J3 chip will make you ecu as if it was manual. But I too am using the resistor trick atm.

Well not sure mate, as I understand from looking at troys pic compared to my AU BBM I have vacuum lines next to the sensor on both the EF and AU BBMs. Where exactly is this vacuum line located, on the throttle body?

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

XR-Lane wrote:
Well not sure mate, as I understand from looking at troys pic compared to my AU BBM I have vacuum lines next to the sensor on both the EF and AU BBMs. Where exactly is this vacuum line located, on the throttle body?

Um, it's basically opposite of those ones, which are on the engine side, it's on the passenger side opposite throttle body.. So the map hose comes down off the fire wall along passenger side of bbm and then goes in smack bang in the middle on its own little metal fiting. Minus a million points for me not having a picture.

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Last edited by NZEA on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Yeah I have a pic of it BRB

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:09 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ok there is a blanked port on the AU BBM that NZEA kindly pointed out for me.

This is where the vac hose goes on the EF EL BBM (on the flat at the end of the serial number). Now Troyman said there is another place to put this on the AU BBM, but you could just drill and tap a hole here and screw in a fitting.

Cheers

Josh

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Ah cool, yeah I think troyman was saying it doesn't matter any way. Because vacuum is vacuum is vacuum. Just put a T piece in anywhere. Only thing is that having it central there maybe of some advantage but don't quote me, probably not a biggie.

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

No problems mate, thanks for your help. But what we have found out is you can use a AU series 1 BBM in an Eseries easy enough, but AU series 2 and 3 are not the same. Might have something to do with AU series 1 falcons used SMARTLOCK ECU's maybe?

Josh

I have also just realised I should be posting all this stuff in my own thread :lol:

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

itlookslikeaxr6 wrote:
Well now that the sale as falen through ive got an entire 94 EF which is one of dads old cabs.

The engine has been sitting in the yard for a good 6 years so im not keen on using it, plus i got my hybrid one now. Anyways the lower half of the BBM was on the engine in teh weather and the butterflys and stuff are rusted. but the top half has been in the shed so its just a bit dirty. The EF loom was on teh engine but id say i could still use that but would need to check if its working. I could even go to the trouble of putting the hybrid engine and T5 in the old EF to see how the engine and T5 are without pulling my car apart. Sounds good get it all working and then change it accross.

If you've still got EB wiring in your car, it will be way easier to just use EB manifold loom, just putting the EF TPS and ISC plugs on it. That way you won't have to figure out if all the wires in the manifold loom plug match the wires in the engine bay loom. So yeah the only bits of wiring off that EF loom you need are the TPS plug and the ISC plug.

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

NZEA wrote:
itlookslikeaxr6 wrote:

If you've still got EB wiring in your car, it will be way easier to just use EB manifold loom, just putting the EF TPS and ISC plugs on it. That way you won't have to figure out if all the wires in the manifold loom plug match the wires in the engine bay loom. So yeah the only bits of wiring off that EF loom you need are the TPS plug and the ISC plug.

Are the wires the same colors on both sets of plugs?

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:28 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:

the vac ports next to the sensor in the pics.. one is for the pcv valve and in ef there is another for the charcoal canister..
and yep that blanked of bit is where the map sensor hose goes..but yes vacuum is vacuum so you could just use a t piece..

and as for the sensors from ea mpfi to el are all interchangable..

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

TROYMAN wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:

the vac ports next to the sensor in the pics.. one is for the pcv valve and in ef there is another for the charcoal canister..
and yep that blanked of bit is where the map sensor hose goes..but yes vacuum is vacuum so you could just use a t piece..

and as for the sensors from ea mpfi to el are all interchangable..

So no plugs are needed to be changed on the loom?

Cheers

Josh

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 10  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next