Fordmods Logo

AU VCT into EBII 

Page 1 of 10 [ 141 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: AU VCT into EBII
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:25 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ED, EB11, 351 XF

New Zealand

I Plan on Putting an AU VCT HC motor in my EBII non smart lock.
I have alredy started stripping the car back for its rebuild, Got the all the boot lining and bits put and gave it a water blast ,I plan on sound deadeningit soon Is thier anything i should focus on Deadening or just do the whole thing.
I plan on removing the motor this week.

What are some things that i should know about putting an AU motor in?
Is it easyer to put an AU loom in or wire the neccesary parts in the the satandard one?
I know the sump or K frame has to be modified is there anything else? I dont plan on having AC

Any help Whith this would be great

Post subject: Re: AU VCT into EBII
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

duvauchellemotors wrote:
I Plan on Putting an AU VCT HC motor in my EBII non smart lock.
I have alredy started stripping the car back for its rebuild, Got the all the boot lining and bits put and gave it a water blast ,I plan on sound deadeningit soon Is thier anything i should focus on Deadening or just do the whole thing.
I plan on removing the motor this week.

What are some things that i should know about putting an AU motor in?
Is it easyer to put an AU loom in or wire the neccesary parts in the the satandard one?
I know the sump or K frame has to be modified is there anything else? I dont plan on having AC

Any help Whith this would be great

Depends what you want to do, you can use your intake and exhaust manifolds and that way you can use your same computer. do you want to do a serpentine belt, BBM and thermofan conversion? If so you will need a EL computer and transfer the dissy over to the VCT engine. water pumps are the same on the exception I think the EB one has a smaller pipe for the radiator hose. If you go for the serpentine belt conversion you will need the VCT power steer pump bracket, as it has an extra pulley to bypass the belt away from the VCT unit on front of the head, your EB pump will fit on this. EF EL belt tentioners are the same, they bolt straight on. You will need to modify your alternator bracket as there is some mounting points missing on the VCT block.

Hope this helps.

Josh

[EDIT] Only the top belhousing bolts will line up! The bottom ones can be modified to suit, Details on how I done this are in my build thread.

Last edited by XR-Lane on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Also if you got the BBM with the VCT engine you can use that as long as you transfer the loom over from the other manifold. I used the EF manifold when I installed an AU VCT engine into my NF fairlane. But will be swapping the fuel rail and injectors over soon as the AU fuel rail has higher pressure and the injectors have more jets on them.

Josh

[EDIT] have a look at my build thread, it has what I needed to do documented in there. The link to it is at the bottom of my sig.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Are you still using the stock EBII ecu? I assume you know how to wire up the vct to get it working from an rpm switch? You will need a tune after though.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

Good stuff man, I'm keen on that idea. Where are you getting the motor from and how much?

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

I rung a few wreakers and this is what THey where goin for:
Avon City Ford: Standard AU motor + All parts $600
AU VCT (Could be HC out of a fairlane duel fuel but only run on Petrol) + All Parts $800
Australia Auto Parts: AU XR6 with Manifolds $1500

I Think my best bet is the AU VCT for $800 the guy I spoke to said it would come with averything I need to bolt her up e.g Air box air dam startor altornatoe and so on.
I plan on doing the thermofan conversion and hooking up the BBM and VCT

Is it a good Deal?

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

duvauchellemotors wrote:
AU VCT (Could be HC out of a fairlane duel fuel but only run on Petrol) + All Parts $800

I Think my best bet is the AU VCT for $800 the guy I spoke to said it would come with averything I need to bolt her up e.g Air box air dam startor altornatoe and so on.

Is it a good Deal?

Tell them they are dreaming!! seriously I got my VCT for $650 with both manifolds, bbm wiring loom, water pump, belt tensioner and power steering bracket, thats in adelaide. TROYMAN got his for $600 in sydney. So there's to prices from 2 differant states about the same price. $800 is a ripoff unless your geting the aircon pump, alternator and everything else with it.

Cheers

Josh

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

It does come with everything Im in New Zealand and our doller is weaker than yours so im geusing its about the same?

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

XR-Lane wrote:
duvauchellemotors wrote:

Is it a good Deal?

Tell them they are dreaming!! seriously I got my VCT for $650 with both manifolds, bbm wiring loom, water pump, belt tensioner and power steering bracket, thats in adelaide. TROYMAN got his for $600 in sydney. So there's to prices from 2 differant states about the same price. $800 is a ripoff unless your geting the aircon pump, alternator and everything else with it.

Cheers

Josh

I just realized your in NZ, so there is a currency difference. But having said that Fiend said he could get one cheaper than I could and he is in NZ so give him a PM he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Josh

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:47 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

duvauchellemotors wrote:
It does come with everything Im in New Zealand and our doller is weaker than yours so im geusing its about the same?

If you can get everything with it including the aircon pump, alternator and the fact it's $800 NZ currency that sounds pretty good actually.

Go for that one if thats the case. How many Kays has it done?

Josh

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

forgot to ask :oops: but the bank account isnt looking good atm so i might have to wait a week or two ...
But anyway theres plenty to do e.g Remove the 3.9 out of the EBII and give the whole engine bay a realy good clean and tidy up.... Should i put an EL loom in???

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

duvauchellemotors wrote:
forgot to ask :oops: but the bank account isnt looking good atm so i might have to wait a week or two ...
But anyway theres plenty to do e.g Remove the 3.9 out of the EBII and give the whole engine bay a realy good clean and tidy up.... Should i put an EL loom in???

If you have the time yes that would make things easier, you will also need a BBM loom from an EL as the one that will come with the VCT will not plug into the loom that goes from the engine bay to the ECU. You might aswell change to a EL dash so you can change all the wiring over, If you have the money that is. I have an ED Im going to put another VCT engine into. Getting a full EL interior and wiring as well, makes it more easier that way.

Josh

[EDIT] the best way to do this is to get a written off EL sedan, swap the wiring and interior over and then you will be set for the VCT to go in. I know this is not the quickest and easiest way of doing it. But you will find it less painful doing it this way, because then you will have smartlock swapped over from the wrecked EL. Not to mention engine sensors you will need to swap over from the EL engine to the VCT engine.

[EDIT2] If you want to use a smartlock ECU on a pre smartlock falcon, you will need a smartlock bypass module. Otherwise your car will not start. The only other way out of this is to do the full dash and wiring swap with an EL. but if you are going to go that far you could always do EF wiring change over, so you can use the VCT motor as it was intended with a coil pack.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Man this is getting me keen, thou ive just brough an EL hybrid engine which should go hard enough, its a cheaper and easier than going AU VCT aswell.

With todays rates, 800 New Zealand Dollar = 634.125 Australian Dollar

So seems like a good price to me, a really good one if he gets AC and Alt ect...

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

Yeah I was hoping to pick one up for around that or less down the track too. I still have all standard EA looms in my car with BBM and EL ecu, just used a smartlock bypass..about $130 i think? Also have thermos now too.

As long as you've got the EL pinout, and EB pinout, you'll be fine. Just a couple of wires differ, the rest you add in like output for thermos, bbm switching, knock sensor etc. Other than that you just splice the different TPS and ISC plugs into the existing engine bay loom.

Oh and if you've got a seperate trans computer you chuck that out and take all the neccessary wires from that over to the EL ecu, huge improvement. I can help if that's the case...piece of piss :D

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 10  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next