Fordmods Logo

AU XR6 vs R33 Skyline 

Page 3 of 13 [ 181 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

My brother has a R33 GTST auto - everything std except for the exhaust. It did a 14.8 on a g-tech that my falcon makes 15.1-15.3 on.

Against my EF (146rwkw 5 speed manual) I get the jump off the line, by 100kph we are even, after that the falcon has no hope. That is in a straight line - put 1 turn between the start and finish line and I wouldnt waste the fuel trying.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

yeah i havent driven an r33, (only r32 gtst and gtr). Gts-t if he stuffs around a bit you might be alright, but he would have to be a deadset retard to not give it to you in a gtr, f**k those things are quick for a stock car.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

results????? no point starting a thread if you wont give us results???????????

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

might get my shift kit on before i do haha, not that it will make much difference anyway

U'd be surprised just how important a shiftkit is, especilly cos your up againt a Turbo manual, your looking at .2-.4 of a second of your over all qrt time something not to sneeze at and will put you one step in the rigght direction of wiining.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

yeah how did it go? get smoked?

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

stock r33's gts's suck nuts, my old ea could chop one. but the gts-t's are pretty quick, ive seen plenty of stock/cannoned ones pull mid 14's before....
i reckon youll have him.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

hey hey have some faith in the old Auxr6, is got a dev5 and stall, depends on how good this au1xr6 can drive his car and know were the sweet spots are.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:05 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Ok....talking falcon vs skyline...Ive done it.

My mate had an R33 it was running 9 PSI. otherwise stock... its was auto..

I had my EB1 Fairmont, 4499's Exhaust 2.5" 4.11's 2500 stall EL engine, EL EFI, Pod.

He couldnt match me....I had 2-3 cars up 2 100 and i kept gaining all the way up 2 the speed limiter, prob got maybe 5 cars or more in the end... wasnt bad considering my fairmont cost less then half of his dunger :)

I rekon you will chop him... i did with my unopened EL motor, but i had nice gearing :) you got a better engine straight off the shelf.

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA MK11 XR8

QLD, Australia

Yeah sorry guys he still hasnt got round to getting his car yet, waiting on finance to go through or something....but as soon as it goes down ill let everyone know
Cheers

BA MK11 XR8.....6 Speed
Stock, for now....

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Just a few lil things to do before the race.... getting your car ready is to... give the car a good cut an polish, less drag, and/or hopefully the dazzle will blind him... use a mixture of racing fuel, connect a couple of oil lines to the front of your rear tyres, so that way you can smoke em real easy and that way you intimidate him, (makin him wonder what sortta power your makin)...lower your arials, less drag, get and old singer sewin machine head and connect it to your motor, that way the whine from it will also intimidate him, lets see what else..?.. options are of abundance.. and IF after all that you still lose, then... forget I ever said any of this..... :-)

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:13 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

The lag in either rb20/rb35 is dreadfull!!!! Better leave these vehicles to the 'FULLY SICK BROEZZ'.

The taxi might run out of puff but at least they spend more time on the road then the workshop.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Denim wrote:
Just a few lil things to do before the race.... getting your car ready is to... give the car a good cut an polish, less drag, and/or hopefully the dazzle will blind him... use a mixture of racing fuel, connect a couple of oil lines to the front of your rear tyres, so that way you can smoke em real easy and that way you intimidate him, (makin him wonder what sortta power your makin)...lower your arials, less drag, get and old singer sewin machine head and connect it to your motor, that way the whine from it will also intimidate him, lets see what else..?.. options are of abundance.. and IF after all that you still lose, then... forget I ever said any of this..... :-)

You could do what my mate did when I gave him a run.. he decided weight reduction was the go and took out his spare tyre, fair enough.. but he also took out his coin tray, wiper fluid and mapbook lol.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:21 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

make sure u keep all your windows shut, 98 octane fuel is perfect, anymore than that and you'll go backwards in power not forwards not many people realise that.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6 (Formally PYROAY)

WA, Australia

U NEED NOS....... 1 OF THOSE...... NO..... BETTER MAKE IT 2 OF THE BIG ONE'S...... AND NEED EM BY 2NITE!!! :twisted:

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:05 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
Denim wrote:

You could do what my mate did when I gave him a run.. he decided weight reduction was the go and took out his spare tyre, fair enough.. but he also took out his coin tray, wiper fluid and mapbook lol.

hahahahaha.... funny...

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 13  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next