Fordmods Logo

AU XR6 vs R33 Skyline 

Page 7 of 13 [ 181 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

When racing on public roads you need to be more aware of your surroundings. Like traffic light drags? Whats the difference between driving through a green light at 110, or accelerating hard to get there from a stop? Nothing! Youll still be going no faster than the speed limit. Once you start speeding though, and its lost any sensibility there ever was

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Your right ive had many off the light drags. But i always stop at 60... and the other person just keeps going. I dont go overboard. unless its a highway drag and its 4 lanes at 2am..........not for a long time now though. Grown up a little lol

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:56 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 94 EF (OPT20), TF Cortina Ghia

VIC, Australia

Same thing here. BUT BLOODY RACE HIM ALREADY AND LET US SEE THE RESULTS. IM SICK OF THIS THREAD.

"Look I found tape, I'm a mechanic now!!!" Mike Teutul

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hey im guilty of racing from a set of lights like a d***head on the odd occasion, might even take it to 70-80 in a 60 zone, but in no way will i defend myself because its fukin stupid and i gotta cut it out, simple.

Anyone who thinks its ok to hoon in certain places on the road or even stationary from a set of lights has no decent excuse.

All it takes is to become a pedestrian for a few weeks, and it doesnt take long to work out why everyone keeps whinging about us modders to slow down.

Especially when your standing at a set of lights waiting for the little green man to light up, and when you do and start walking, the motorists believe their green light overides everything and proceed to nearly run you over!!

Not trying to flame anyone here, just trying to put up a valid opinion :)

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:39 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

WA, Australia

I want to know where any of the messages in this thread stated that the race was going to be on a public road for starters...

Yeah its fun on a track, but I don't have any problems with anyone doing it on a Good road out of the city somewhere unpopulated where the only person that could get hurt is yourself or the guy racing you, and as far as I am concerned if you crash its your own famn fault for being a s**t driver, and dont take passengers...

I also believe any type of written abuse on any internet forum or chat site just as childish as trying to do a burnout in a VK Commo at a populated set of lights..

We should all just keep it to Fair Opinions...

The Track is much better too, take your mates, a BBQ and even win something if you are good... Track days and dyno days are more fun than a race to 120 km/h which is usually over in less than 10 seconds.. or if a Commodore maybe twice that time :-)

The 6000 km Road trip... Rockhampton QLD, Surfers Paradise QLD, Coffs Harbour NSW, Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT, Melbourne VIC, Launceston TAS, Adelaide SA, Kalgoorlie WA, Perth WA.

Post subject: Re: i wont
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

EFNWIKD6 wrote:
so by not reading it i am going to be saved from being hit in a head on crash by a tool who thinks its cool to street race.

and how is replying to this thread going to lessen your chances of getting hit by a street racer? your logic is fuzzy.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

QLD, Australia

Agree totally.

Ghost XR wrote:
I want to know where any of the messages in this thread stated that the race was going to be on a public road for starters...

Yeah its fun on a track, but I don't have any problems with anyone doing it on a Good road out of the city somewhere unpopulated where the only person that could get hurt is yourself or the guy racing you, and as far as I am concerned if you crash its your own famn fault for being a s**t driver, and dont take passengers...

I also believe any type of written abuse on any internet forum or chat site just as childish as trying to do a burnout in a VK Commo at a populated set of lights..

The Track is much better too, take your mates, a BBQ and even win something if you are good... Track days and dyno days are more fun than a race to 120 km/h which is usually over in less than 10 seconds.. or if a Commodore maybe twice that time :-)

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF Fairmont AU Falcon FG XR6

VIC, Australia

i thought my missues sooks to much

cheer up fellas we all know there will be no result on the street racing

aslong a 2 people dont agree this thread will become topic on hooning

only result we should worry about is did the ford beat the jap crap rice burnin heap of psstttttt sh*t

My Fairmont

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA MK11 XR8

QLD, Australia

Everyone sorry to get your hopes up over this race but like a said before i seriously dont know if it is still gonna go down cause the guy is still f#cking around and i dont know whats happening.....and as for everyone saying street racing is stupid, yes your right but starting s**t on here isnt gonna stop it, no matter what people say theres always people that are gonna do it and im guilty myself, i dont go out looking for race's but it is hard when some tool in a commy pulls up next to you and starts egging you on isnt it......so i think everyone should ease up and when/if the race happens ill dig this thread up and let everyone know what happens....
Cheers

BA MK11 XR8.....6 Speed
Stock, for now....

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

QLD, Australia

its ok dude... I know who was gonna win cough Xr6 cough....

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Ghost XR wrote:

Yep.
Well said.
A track day / drag day is so much better / safer / funnerer than a race from the lights.

And people, please stop making excuses for morons on bicycles and idiot pedestrians who walk out in front of cars.
Regardless of the speed your doing, if there's a C**k smoker willing to pull out / walk out / ride out in front of you, there's going to be damage.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

yer i just have to put my 2cents in my mate got his R33 - GTS25T today and i have to say its good car i like it :D

but i like to take him on at the track lol BA Stock Vs R33 Stock(manual) but i think he still kick my a**

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

AU1 XR6 wrote:
Everyone sorry to get your hopes up over this race but like a said before i seriously dont know if it is still gonna go down cause the guy is still f#cking around and i dont know whats happening.....and as for everyone saying street racing is stupid, yes your right but starting s**t on here isnt gonna stop it, no matter what people say theres always people that are gonna do it and im guilty myself, i dont go out looking for race's but it is hard when some tool in a commy pulls up next to you and starts egging you on isnt it......so i think everyone should ease up and when/if the race happens ill dig this thread up and let everyone know what happens....
Cheers

god wake up hope you dont get caught by the cops up here. i hear they are bruital

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

EFNWIKD6 wrote:

dsont this forum have moderators anymore to close these kinds of bollocks threads.

especially one thats done not much but promote illegal street racing and hoon activity.

was a good thread until you opened your mouth

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:

And people, please stop making excuses for morons on bicycles and idiot pedestrians who walk out in front of cars.
Regardless of the speed your doing, if there's a C**k smoker willing to pull out / walk out / ride out in front of you, there's going to be damage.

i must say that that is the stupidist thing ive ever heard. so i suppose you think that there shouldnt be 40 zones in schools because if a kid walks out on the road your going to hit them anyway? fact is that the faster you are going if you hit someone the less a chance there is that they are going to survive it. There is a reason why there are speed limits. Ive had a couple of close calls myself narrowly missing hitting a kid who ran onto the road after a ball. i was doing 50 in 50 zone. had i had been doing 60 i would have hit him.

think before you make crappy comments like that.

Last edited by 68stang on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 13  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next