Fordmods Logo

AU2 XR6VCT rough idle problem 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: AU2 XR6VCT rough idle problem
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

hi all i have a 200au2 xr6 vct which has a worsening idle problem ,i have replaced the plugs the leads cleaned the IAC and am now puiting in some injector /fuel system cleaner once the tank is empty i will change the fuel filter any ideas
please help......the problem is gettting worse
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:16 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 1966

Joined: 13th Aug 2005

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

Location: some where in nsw
NSW, Australia

s**t fuel,blocked filters.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:40 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

thanks for that i will change my filter once the tank is empty
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

2fellas wrote:
thanks for that i will change my filter once the tank is empty
You can change it with fuel in it just remove the can so it dont syphon. If the fliter is disintergrateing then you are going to need an injector service as well.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

thanks mate will do ........
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:42 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

i just replaced the filter over the week end and i couldnt even blow through it and all the gas in the filter was black and it had rust water and a fine sort of powder in the bottom ....the car seems to go better but still has a sort of ruff idle ... any more ideas
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:21 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

2fellas wrote:
i just replaced the filter over the week end and i couldnt even blow through it and all the gas in the filter was black and it had rust water and a fine sort of powder in the bottom ....the car seems to go better but still has a sort of ruff idle ... any more ideas
All of the stuff is probably also blocking your injectors, might pay to get them serviced.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:13 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

thanks i will get that done ...what about an injector cleaner that you put inthe gas ?? the rough idle sounds like a back fire /intermitent miss when listening to the exhaust pipe
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:20 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

2fellas wrote:
thanks i will get that done ...what about an injector cleaner that you put inthe gas ?? the rough idle sounds like a back fire /intermitent miss when listening to the exhaust pipe
If your problem is the injectors then forget the additive, the injectors need a good clean and flow test.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:52 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

do i just pull them out n take m in to a mechanic and thay clean them for me
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

2fellas wrote:
do i just pull them out n take m in to a mechanic and thay clean them for me
Pretty much, or get changeover ones.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:59 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

thanks mate i will get them cleaned ya been a great help
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:54 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

well i toke it in had them cleaned and have used about a tank of gas now on one long trip
the idle is fine when the engine is cold but when it getts hot the idle gets worse :oops:
also when you drive along then stop with the engine idling it seems to idle fine for about 10 seconds then gets rougher the longer you leave it idling :?:
the car drives fine uses no oil or water is more econimical now but i have noticed a slight flat spot when on medium throttle and accelerating

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

2fellas wrote:
well i toke it in had them cleaned and have used about a tank of gas now on one long trip
the idle is fine when the engine is cold but when it getts hot the idle gets worse :oops:
also when you drive along then stop with the engine idling it seems to idle fine for about 10 seconds then gets rougher the longer you leave it idling :?:
the car drives fine uses no oil or water is more econimical now but i have noticed a slight flat spot when on medium throttle and accelerating

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Might be that the ECU needs to learn the new flow rates, you said a tank full so it should be getting better by now.
Perhaps an ECU reset is in order.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:09 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 28

Joined: 24th Aug 2007

Ride: 2000AU2 XR6 VCT

Location: tauranga
New Zealand

ok mate how do ya do it ???

by the way do you no were the diff filler plug is on the IRS rear end i cant find it :oops:
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:41 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names