Fordmods Logo

AUII Forte 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: AUII Forte
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AUII Forte

ACT, Australia

Hey, I just got my self an AUII Forte, year 2000 model, its done just over 200,000kms and was wondering if u guys knew wat sorts of parts would need to be checked and replaced maybe?
Also, is the Forte any good, power and speed wise?... I know its got 157kw and around 350Nm Torque, but the Forte is a base falcon car, and didnt know if it was worth buying one and spending time modding it up?

Any help would be greatful
:P
Thank you, peace out

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

no offence, but shouldnt you have got those answeres before you bought the car?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

has it been through an rac or equiv inspection - if not that would be well worth it!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

no, it hasnt been through any check ups, although i have changed the brakes because i have noticed some wear and tear

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

200 000 for a 5 yr old car, hope they are highway kms, get a inspection done, by RAC, easiest way.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

how much would it cost on avarage to get a inspection?

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Not much but I suggest strongly that you do it. My 94 EF hasnt even done 192k ye, so your 200k is crazy.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
Not much but I suggest strongly that you do it. My 94 EF hasnt even done 192k ye, so your 200k is crazy.

if its highway kms, its easy! mines up to ~240kms :)

as for an inspection - around the $100-$150 mark, depending on how detailed the inspection is! your local RAC/RACV etc will be able to do one for you :wink:

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

twirqurky wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between 200k highway k's and 200k s**t city k's in traffic. think of the differences in engine hours, brake applications, cornering, crappy surfaces, and gear changes etc. One reason why an hour meter on cars as well as the odometer would be a great idea!

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i wouldn't rush out ond throw away your money on an inspection straight away. a lot of those clowns don't know anything anyway and seeing as how you have already bought the car i suggest you nut it out yourself. give it a service. oil, filter - air and oil and even fuel if you wish, leads, plugs etc. that'll set you back $150 odd anyway. don't get too hung up on km's. city k's highway k's ... whatever. it aint that big a dif in my opinion. my car has 273000 k's and goes fine. if it drives o'k then drive it and change or replace things as they arise.

go fast bits can be added to any car. the fact that it is a base model jut means it misses out on some of the niceties of next models.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

tomcolahan wrote:
twirqurky wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between 200k highway k's and 200k s**t city k's in traffic. think of the differences in engine hours, brake applications, cornering, crappy surfaces, and gear changes etc. One reason why an hour meter on cars as well as the odometer would be a great idea!

With an hour meter + the odometer you could pretty easily work out average speed. That'd be a big plus buying a car with 60km/h or over average speed.
My trip computer at the moment is reading a measly 17km/h average :(

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

I've always thought it would be a great idea, as it would give another perspective on how the km's shown on the odometer were gained. I reckon i could get pretty close to 60km/h+ average.

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:16 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

prydey wrote:
i wouldn't rush out ond throw away your money on an inspection straight away. a lot of those clowns don't know anything anyway and seeing as how you have already bought the car i suggest you nut it out yourself. give it a service. oil, filter - air and oil and even fuel if you wish, leads, plugs etc. that'll set you back $150 odd anyway. don't get too hung up on km's. city k's highway k's ... whatever. it aint that big a dif in my opinion. my car has 273000 k's and goes fine. if it drives o'k then drive it and change or replace things as they arise.

go fast bits can be added to any car. the fact that it is a base model jut means it misses out on some of the niceties of next models.

I agree the same... an inspection is only really worth it when you are about to buy the car... Since you bought, now taht you have it. Full service with the above, and then drive until something brakes. If the suspension is funny, lower it. If the engine is blowing smoke.. flat tops, with molly rings, and new bearings with some headwork... you get the pictures :lol: .

And if you are really concerned.. take it to somewhere like pedders, and get them to do the $14 or whatever 21(I think) point check. That'll give you an idea on wear and tear. without the price tag.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]