Fordmods Logo

Average Prices? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Average Prices?
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:43 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 54

Joined: 9th May 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Hiu Guys,
I already had some work done, and my Dad reckons I was ripped off!
I have no problems with any of the work done, and it wasn't done by forum
sponsors or anything like that. My car is an EL Futura.
How much roughly should these two jobs have cost?....

New standard exhaust fitted with two year warranty.

... and on another day:
New water pump and pulley, timing belt all fitted and topped up coolant.

Cheers, Art.

 

_________________

Gamer = Lamer

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

id guess $300 for the exhaust

wate pump $70
pully $70
belt $10
coolant $10
labour $75 ($50ph x 1.5h)

these are guesses

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 1135

Joined: 27th Oct 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: SA
SA, Australia

try labour more like $75 an hour
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

gogetta wrote:
id guess $300 for the exhaust

wate pump $70
pully $70
belt $10
coolant $10
labour $75 ($50ph x 1.5h)

these are guesses


labour would be about $70 to $85 and closer to 2.5 hours for that.


and to the original post.. if you are happy with the work then you were not ripped off.
the worst thing you can do whan having work done on you car is be a prick and tight a***,

1. if you're prick about the cost at the start no mechanic is going to want to help you very much.

2. it cost what it cost, there is no way around it. and you'll find most mechanic dont charge anywhere near the actual time it take to do alot of jobs.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
gogetta wrote:
id guess $300 for the exhaust

wate pump $70
pully $70
belt $10
coolant $10
labour $75 ($50ph x 1.5h)

these are guesses


labour would be about $70 to $85 and closer to 2.5 hours for that.


and to the original post.. if you are happy with the work then you were not ripped off.
the worst thing you can do whan having work done on you car is be a prick and tight a***,

1. if you're prick about the cost at the start no mechanic is going to want to help you very much.

2. it cost what it cost, there is no way around it. and you'll find most mechanic dont charge anywhere near the actual time it take to do alot of jobs.
thats true 2. at our work we dont charge the actual time we spend on jobs cos like u wouldnt get any other customers again.. like they have said if ur happy payin the price u paid then dont worry what anyone else says

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

yeah so i guess my $75 for labour was about right then....

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:24 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 54

Joined: 9th May 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Oops, I forgot about this thread..

I don't think I was ripped off.

$350 fitted for the exhaust (with a fancy chrome tip),
and another $340 for the rest.

 

_________________

Gamer = Lamer

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

@rt wrote:
$350 fitted for the exhaust (with a fancy chrome tip),
and another $340 for the rest.


Exhaust is about $150 too much.

FOr the other stuff (the second lot) the price isn't bad, retail price on the parts is probably between $150 to $200 (AFAIK all the coolant comes out when you replace the water pump).

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1863

Joined: 30th Apr 2006

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Sounds quite reasonable, and if it's quality work, and you're happy, then there's nothing to worry about!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 704

Joined: 19th May 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

@rt wrote:
Oops, I forgot about this thread..

I don't think I was ripped off.

$350 fitted for the exhaust (with a fancy chrome tip),
and another $340 for the rest.


That sounds pretty good to me, I wouldn't complain at all.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:24 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names