Fordmods Logo

BA/BF motor into later E-series. 

 

Page 3 of 17 [ 241 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:
yeah, i think the edit has enough ability to avoid the security crap.
BA ECU + EDIT would most likely be enough, although i havnt heard any confirmed reports.

using a BA ECU would make the whole conversion a lot more legal too.


Yeah something that I would prefer as well :S...

by the way...i just thought about another problem...insurance...thats gonna cost me an arm and a leg.


nah, engine swaps don't add that much to your premium.
f**k insurance anyway, 3rd party to cover other people is good enuogh!.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:45 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1452

Joined: 27th Apr 2005

Ride: BA

Location: campbelltown
NSW, Australia

If you are going with a BA engine. Why not go for the BA turbo. More work but more pleasure at the end.

Would it fit?

 

_________________

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:40 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

LOL gryph...we'll see how it goes.

Dan...I guess 3rd party, fire and theft is good =D

I reckon turbo is cheating...like rushed said :P BA engine is cheaper as well and I'm not after boost.


Okay I spoke to my mechanic and he never knew that it was possible. He is going to speak to his partner about it and has asked me to find out what other people have done to the K-Frame to get the BA engine to fit into the EL. He said that the Sump can't be modified so he was hoping to get the K-Frame re-engineered.

Just wondering if anyone knows who JETXR is so I can speak to him or if you know anyone else that is doing this conversion. At the moment I know Darren from FTG is doing it so I'll give him a message as well.

cheers

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:
He said that the Sump can't be modified so he was hoping to get the K-Frame re-engineered.


the sump CAN be modified. just like this one...

Image

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4849

Joined: 19th Feb 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

to use the BA ECU, dont u need to use the ICC as well in conjunction?

 

_________________

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:56 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
phongus wrote:
He said that the Sump can't be modified so he was hoping to get the K-Frame re-engineered.


the sump CAN be modified. just like this one...

Image


cheers stockstandard...do you reckon you have a bigger image then that?

by the way...after this conversion would the car still be street legal? I have read that JETXR is not street legal so I'm a bit iffy if its not going to be street legal :?

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4307

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

Location: Mornington Peninsula
VIC, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
to use the BA ECU, dont u need to use the ICC as well in conjunction?


not if you've got an edit apparently.

 

_________________

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:
cheers stockstandard...do you reckon you have a bigger image then that?

by the way...after this conversion would the car still be street legal? I have read that JETXR is not street legal so I'm a bit iffy if its not going to be street legal :?

phong =P~


No thats just what I pulled off ebay (got a few other angles, will post them up)

Legality depends on local laws. In SA for example, no problems as long as all the emissions gear from the BA engine is kept.

Image
Image
Image

and another modified sump

Image

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:10 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Cheers stockstandard. I'll pas this on to see if its possible for them to do it.

cheers

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1298

Joined: 4th Apr 2006

Ride: BA 3v ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

get a 3v in there phong! you wont regret it :D

 

_________________

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Another thing...with the transmission to engine...would i need an AU/BA bellhousing or could i use my EL one?

mark...one thing at a time :P

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

auto is no probs

getting the engine to fit is not big deal

Dont worry about how to get the engine in the car, work out how to get it running. As soon as someone works out an easy engine management solution for the DOHC everyone will be putting them pre-ba's

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
auto is no probs

getting the engine to fit is not big deal

Dont worry about how to get the engine in the car, work out how to get it running. As soon as someone works out an easy engine management solution for the DOHC everyone will be putting them pre-ba's


I was going to use an aftermarket ECU like WOLF 3D...or isn't that enough? If thats not enough I think i better start working backwards from the BA ECU

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
auto is no probs

getting the engine to fit is not big deal

Dont worry about how to get the engine in the car, work out how to get it running. As soon as someone works out an easy engine management solution for the DOHC everyone will be putting them pre-ba's


I was going to use an aftermarket ECU like WOLF 3D...or isn't that enough? If thats not enough I think i better start working backwards from the BA ECU

phong =P~


Well it will run the engine but I doubt it has the capabilities to run the VCT or COP (have to check the specs to be sure). Also running aftermarket ecu's can cause trouble with rego (require emissions testing).

Would be interesting to see exactly what needs to be done to get a BA ecu in there as I dont think anyone knows for sure.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
phongus wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
auto is no probs

getting the engine to fit is not big deal

Dont worry about how to get the engine in the car, work out how to get it running. As soon as someone works out an easy engine management solution for the DOHC everyone will be putting them pre-ba's


I was going to use an aftermarket ECU like WOLF 3D...or isn't that enough? If thats not enough I think i better start working backwards from the BA ECU

phong =P~


Well it will run the engine but I doubt it has the capabilities to run the VCT or COP (have to check the specs to be sure). Also running aftermarket ecu's can cause trouble with rego (require emissions testing).

Would be interesting to see exactly what needs to be done to get a BA ecu in there as I dont think anyone knows for sure.


Would require a fair bit bridging and isolating parts of the ECU so that it don't stuff up the rest of the car. I haven't even seen the ECU of an EL so I won't know what does what until i see a diagram of it.

on second thoughts I'm going to open my spare ECU lol

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 17  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:53 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names