BA engine or worked I6 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: nf fairlane/EL XR6 Turbo/XF Turb

NSW, Australia

slycruza wrote:
no dramas mate! cant wait wait for the pics sounds like an awesome setup!

yeh man as soon as it gets to me you will see it

TURBOS ALL THE WAY

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

imkeperformance wrote:
Dansedgli wrote:
$8K wont cover a 1000hp build.

It wont even come close. They do all kinds of fancy stuff to the block to make that power.

ON the nizpro site they are saying upwards of $50K worth of engine work to get there.

yeah true i ask them and simon seed to me that if i wanted there big boy engine it would cost me 67,000

When all the magazines did a write up on that engine it was going for 47 grand. When you do the sums it has about 15 grand worth of parts in that thing.

How hard do you rev your car to make its power and is that 570 at the wheels or at the engine? Try spinning it to 7500 and see what you get.

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
imkeperformance wrote:
Dansedgli wrote:
$8K wont cover a 1000hp build.

It wont even come close. They do all kinds of fancy stuff to the block to make that power.

ON the nizpro site they are saying upwards of $50K worth of engine work to get there.

yeah true i ask them and simon seed to me that if i wanted there big boy engine it would cost me 67,000

When all the magazines did a write up on that engine it was going for 47 grand. When you do the sums it has about 15 grand worth of parts in that thing.

How hard do you rev your car to make its power and is that 570 at the wheels or at the engine? Try spinning it to 7500 and see what you get.

yeah i might try that but as i have sed the engine is out of the xr6 i do not have the car any more sold the car mines the engine and some other parts

the guy sed he was going to put a 351 in it

TURBOS ALL THE WAY

Post subject: Re: BA engine or worked I6
Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont

WA, Australia

imkeperformance wrote:
BA engine or worked I6 ???

i am wanting to no i am thinking of working my elxr6 engine some more but then ppl say just go ba what you guys think

the ELXR6 has forged pistons,cam,ported head, bored block, hi performance crank, and at the moment it has two GT35R's on the side of it rated at 600HP each

at the moment the xr6 engine only pulls about 570bhp but i whant a engine that will pull about 1000bhp

like the nizpro one

:shock:

Ok.. here's what you do - build yourself a hardcore BA engine - and I'll take the EL motor off your hands with its measly 570hp :lol:

Na - seriously tho, would it make sense to maybe go with the newer engine if you wanted to get that sort of power? in theory a newer gen motor should be a bit tougher?

I suppose either motor could be tough tho if you're prepared to spend the time and money on it.
either way it sound like its gonna be a mad machine.!! :D

Damo

Damo
Perth, Western Australia

1994 EF Ford Fairmont Ghia [FATFORD]

Post subject: Re: BA engine or worked I6
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

FATFORD_WA wrote:
imkeperformance wrote:
BA engine or worked I6 ???

i am wanting to no i am thinking of working my elxr6 engine some more but then ppl say just go ba what you guys think

the ELXR6 has forged pistons,cam,ported head, bored block, hi performance crank, and at the moment it has two GT35R's on the side of it rated at 600HP each

at the moment the xr6 engine only pulls about 570bhp but i whant a engine that will pull about 1000bhp

like the nizpro one

:shock:

Ok.. here's what you do - build yourself a hardcore BA engine - and I'll take the EL motor off your hands with its measly 570hp :lol:

Na - seriously tho, would it make sense to maybe go with the newer engine if you wanted to get that sort of power? in theory a newer gen motor should be a bit tougher?

I suppose either motor could be tough tho if you're prepared to spend the time and money on it.
either way it sound like its gonna be a mad machine.!! :D

Damo

yeah i am going the ba way well i am going to build my own engine around a ba block and head.

just some stuff i have working on and i have been wanting to use them for a very long time!!!

will give more info when i have it ok i will put up a build thread in the morning

TURBOS ALL THE WAY

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont

TAS, Australia

I would go with the BA. Newer engine, better on fuel, better base power / efficiency. Should be able to get more out of it in the long run.

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Ragvaror wrote:
I would go with the BA. Newer engine, better on fuel, better base power / efficiency. Should be able to get more out of it in the long run.

yeah i am getting to it i just got a ba XR6T engine so i am going that way as ppl have sed that it would be better

TURBOS ALL THE WAY

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2