ba F6 intake in EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ba F6 intake in EF
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

VIC, Australia

I was just woundering if the TB and BBM (top half or whole thing) from a BA F6 can fit directly onto a stock EF motor and intake. Im asking becouse i have a friend with a few spare and waanted to work on one and then do a straight swap over and this is my only car.

thanks
zach

Post subject: Re: ba F6 intake in EF
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

for starters the throttle body on a ba doesnt use an accelorator cable, its electronic, and with the bbm there would be no gain, and with the bottom half, it wont fit the inlet ports on the e series head, further more the top half of the bbm wouldnt have the right vacum output for the e series map sensor? anyone can correct me if im wrong or add to this though, im just going off what ive read from the internet

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Attachment:
image removed

for starters the throttle body on a ba doesnt use an accelorator cable, its electronic, and with the bbm there would be no gain, and with the bottom half, it wont fit the inlet ports on the e series head, further more the top half of the bbm wouldnt have the right vacum output for the e series map sensor? anyone can correct me if im wrong or add to this though, im just going off what ive read from the internet

for starters, you didn't have to be an a***.
anyway, I didn't want it for any gain, i know it wont produce anygain what so ever becouse if it did fit, it would be exactly the same. i wanted to know it it would fit becouse i wanted to dress up the out side of it, not work on the inside. i use my car everyday, so i cant just take off bits to work on them for a few days and put it back on later, hence why i asked this compleatly resonable question on a fourm where there are membert that know a lot more about certain things then i do.

in any case thanks for a the information and a quick reply.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

sorry i just thought it would be obvious to the eye that the throttle body would be different, unless you havent seen one in the flesh yet?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
sorry i just thought it would be obvious to the eye that the throttle body would be different, unless you havent seen one in the flesh yet?

Na. He mentioned that he had spare ones, but at the time we went talking about me wanting one.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]