BA I6 Performance Questions 

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

haha, thats ok man, I deserve that till I get my act together. For those who don't know, brett raped me multiple times on the track. :cry:

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Brett 4777 wrote:
or you could just buy a xr6 and have less mods than smiley
and less kilowatts and still wipe the floor with him on the drag strip

sorry cam couldnt resist a shot at you

I'll give you a run in my XT :P

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I hate to agree with the above gorillas but go the 3.7diff. It will trasform your car into a decent straightline performer. I presume your searching for power to better the straight line performance of your car.

Get the diff gears, just go and drive an old XR6 and a standard car to see the benefits of a diff. With a 3.7 its will go even better.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

When I had the EB V8 initially had it stock, i fitted a set of 3.9 diff gears and with a bog stock 5.0 I dispatched a BA XR6 good and proper.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
When I had the EB V8 initially had it stock, i fitted a set of 3.9 diff gears and with a bog stock 5.0 I dispatched a BA XR6 good and proper.

yeh, we already mentioned for him to get the dif change, but aside that, your offering good info regardless, good on ya for a change.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

Yeah definately decided on the diff 3.73-1 as I don't wanna sacrifice too much of the top end, and then get myself a flash tuner and get it custom tuned - hopefully that should get the car off the line quicker and give it a bit more go throughout the range aswell...

Thanks for all your info and help guys!!

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:50 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

I always offer good info. Just so happend on this occassion we agree.

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hey guys - probably a silly question - but where would be the best place to get myself a 3.73-1 LSD?? I've sent an e-mail off to Bob Romano asking to do a package of Diff change over, flash tune and custom tune, but where-else in God's country (that would be QLD) would I get this done?? Next best thing would be to freight an LSD and the flash tuner up here to Rockhampton and get one of the mechanics up here to fit it... But then trying to find someone to tune the girl properly is another matter... :roll:

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

with the dif change, by getting 4.11 gears, are you afraid of losing top end speed and if so, what new maximum speed would you be looking at?

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Well the car cuts out at either 6000rpm or 180klms/hr (whichever comes first)... And She tends to leap from 80 to 160 pretty damn quick which is great for highway driving up and down the bruce highway, especially when you have to overtake a road train (thats my excuse anyway :twisted: ) - so if I could keep max speed at 180 because I wouldn't have the faintest of where to begin to get rid of the speed limiter (which I would love to do), not too worried bout the rev limiter though - stops me from blowing the engine up....
The other thing of course is fuel - I know the more I do to my girl, she'll chew more fuel, but how much more usage will the 4.11 cause??
And is there a difference in pricing between the 3.73 and the 4.11??
Don't I have a squillion questions today....

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well, speed limiter can be removed during the flash process but I wouldn't recommend going any faster than that as its too fast really to be driving on the road ad also, ask datamine what may happen.

In terms of fuel consumption, the general consensus is that fuel will go down, however bluepower have actually seen better fuel economy highway and city driving on their GT as the car doesn't have to strain as much to get the car rolling. Should be better fuel economy for stop starting situations. Also, provided you don't drive harder (which you probably will) exhaust and intake will make your fuel economy better.

Also, I don't think there is any price difference between 3.7's and 4.11's.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Any idea on where else (other than Bob Romano) I could source an "all in one" deal from?? Being diff, flash, and custom??

And you couldn't be more right if you tried, the sound of the exhaust is like its sitting there taunting - calling me a big girl for not slamming that foot to the floor and opening her up... Damn her and her taunting!! :twisted:

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

davro_xr6 wrote:
Any idea on where else (other than Bob Romano) I could source an "all in one" deal from?? Being diff, flash, and custom??

And you couldn't be more right if you tried, the sound of the exhaust is like its sitting there taunting - calling me a big girl for not slamming that foot to the floor and opening her up... Damn her and her taunting!! :twisted:

I know, it always taunts me, I try and hold it in but my foot just has to slip down and give me release. :)

I can't really help ya with a good place to go unless your in VIC. surely someone here from QLD know's a good joint.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hey Smiley - what else have you done to your car to achieve those figures??

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

Get the 4.11 LSD, mine gets to 100 at redline in 1st and sits on 5500rpm in 3rd on 200km/h with the standard diff. With 4.11 gears you would still be sitting in 4th at low rpm at 200km/h. With the cams you would need a custom tune or they would send the car into limp mode. Your also looking at $390 x 2 cams, plus springs, install(if you know what your doing it would be easy cos they are overhead cams), plus tuner and custom tune. 4.11 gears, underdrives and custom tune will give you better performance. Im only putting cams in because I got them for $350 the pair and $100 for BF XR6T valve springs. Apparently you dont need new valve springs with these Crow Stage 2 cams, but given XT MK1 have the weakest valve springs it is safer.

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next