Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeh, what andre says is spot on.

The mods i've done to get those figures are all in my signiture. It may seem a little high but believe me, my car aint that quick yet, peak power aint everything without an ECU flash (and s**t diff)

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

Also, until you get a custom tune with all the torque controls taken off you dont feel the full potential of these cars. These cars would win far more people if Ford invested in stronger diffs/trans/drive trains and deleted torque control from factory.

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

I can see now I have opened up a whole can of worms - and I likes!! :twisted:
I think, from what you guys on here have told, the first and probably best step to take would be upgrade of diff, Underdrive, flash and custom tune to begin with - I was speaking with Bob Romano yesterday and he is going to do up a package for me (just waiting on e-mail) for the diff, flash and custom tune - he's also gonna add one of his tunes on there for me - once he's done he said it should come out to around 2 & 1/2 gorillas and he said I should have no trouble beating most V8's around - but I'm just about doing that anyway. Also I read this thing from a link somewhere - can't remember who's doing it, but they're selling the underdrive pulleys for like $420 with the new belt included... Not bad for an extra (claimed) 15rwkw...

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I have a powerbond 20% underdrive. Which was about $350 with pully. BPT I think sell the for $420, but I think they are just rebadged Powerbond ones at a premium. Can also get a lower temp thermostat, either 160 or 180, thats a cheap extra couple kw. Dont get your hopes up with the claimed peak power increases, underdrives will increase the torque, response and low end power.

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Yeah when it comes to "claimed" power increase - I never really rely on it... Just focus on how it will benefit the car more than anything, hence why I have steered away from the cams for the time being as I don't think they will be as beneficial as the diff and flash and custom tune right now....

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

What diff ratio you going for? Are you going LSD as well?

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:43 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Can't decide on ratio - originally i was thinking 3.73-1 cause i didn't wanna sacrifice too much of the top end and keep the car as economical as possible... but then I know me and I can't help myself with wanting more... So I'm still deciding between 4.11 and 3.9... And would definately go LSD.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I wouldnt go 3.73-1, you will be wanting more :) 4.11 will still be more economical than cams, I think you would use less petrol around town, and a little bit more no the freeway. Torque controls removed and 4.11s, it will be a completely different car. You will be leaving smokies everywhere...

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

You see now thats the kind of talk that makes my mind up!! :lol:
you don't reckon I'll lose too much at the top end of the speed scale??
I mean the car comfortably rockets to 180 (speed limiter) at the moment, although I wouldn't mind removing the speed limiter - especially if I start hitting the drag strip at beneraby....

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I would think it is more likely to spread the power. With standard gears, 4th is dead. 3rd hits the speed limiter. Unless you spend some time dragging your mates with V8s 200+km/h I wouldnt worry about it. 99% of the time you will be dragging people to 60, 100, maybe 150. The other 1% of the time you back off and let them fly down the road at 250km/h, you are never going to be getting these cars pulling hard to 250 even though the diff will.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

As long as I can get to my speed limiter (180) I'll do it... :twisted:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

If my car sits at 5500rpm at 200 in 3rd, with 4.11 gears, it might be 3-4000rpm in 4th at 200.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

and less strain when accelerating in peak traffic, 4.11 gears FTW.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3