Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

data_mine wrote:
Pffft. If you buy a GT-P you should be able to run it.

They're not that hard on fuel. Mine's lighter on fuel than my EL I6 was.
thats not unusual... every one knows you have to push the el hard to get near a ba GT-p :lol: in otherwords you hardly have to push the gt-p to get a move on compared to the el.. :lol:

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Yea the new falcons aint that bad on fuel, like i said before my bros XR8 ute averages 15L/100km and i remember i got in a GT-P (BA 5-speed) with exhaust and a couple other things when i used to work on them and it was averaging 15.4L/100km

My ED XR6 gets worse fuel eco then both of them averaging about 16/17 but i do flog it a fair bit plus no overdrive gear

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

You guys are dreamers. THE GT-P is hopeless on fuel. Yes it goes alright, im not questioning that but come on, dont compare the i6 fuel economy with a GT-P.

Who has a GT-P to make such commentary. I know it wastes fuel, Ive driven it, my mate complains about it. He said his 5.0L XR8 AU is better on fuel. heaps better.

Its not a daily driver.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:51 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I own a GT-P and drive it daily (and a lot) it's got 13,000+ on it and I only got it in October.

I average around town 14L/100 and I drive it hard (ask anyone that knows me, or the rear tyres that need replacing soon), sticking the boot into it I can get it to average 18-19 L/100.

My EL was averaging 19L/100 and made 80 less RWKW, and was 3+ sec slower down the quarter.

Win Win if you ask me.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Post subject: well i just swaped over from a vy crappydore gen 3 6 speed
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr8

WA, Australia

i have just swaped over from a vy crappydore gen 3 6 speed there crap on fuel 15-16 litres /100kms driving steady,there interiors are crap the engine has defently more balls then my new 03 xr8 manual but the xr8 still goes well and atleast the xr8 dosnt have piston slap rattly crap alloy engine and drives smooth and as for the turbo ba compared to the xr8 differant cattle of fish.a freind of mine has a 06 bf turbo it cant do a burnout to save its life but for neck snapping power band so to speak its great were the xr8 is power all the way thru there rev range they both have good and bad points but look at it this way if you own a turbo xr6 a xr8 or any ford for that matter its better then a crud holden :o

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

is it worth the extra getting the BA xr6 turbo over just an xr6??? what about the model, does anyone know what improvements have been made to the MKII versions over the 02 and 03 versions?

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Thats a pretty big call to say that the Gen III DEFINATLY has more balls then the XR8 as my brother has a BA XR8 ute and two of his mates have VYII SS utes, one with exhaust and the other with Cold Air Intake and my bros uteis still a little bit faster, mainly depending on who gets the better jump off the line.
And there must be something wrong with your mates BF XR6T not to beable to do a burnout. has he turned the Traction Control off????
I would personaly go the XR6Turbo over a N/A XR6.

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

have you had a look at a 3v xls at all? insurance wont be as bad. if you want your xr8 to go good i would recomend... exhaust (twin 3" if you can afford it), 4.11 diff, air box, billet oil gears, tune and ripshift/hi stall.

and the 8's arnt bad on fuel, im getting 14-15l around town, 9l on the fwy and im getting about 450-500km a tank (hardly any fwy driving). compare that to 15l on my old i6 ed that got around 330km a tank :roll:

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

XR8 will eat it.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Go the xr8 buddy, jsut bought mine had it for 2 weeks absolutley love it, little bit slower than dads xr6t sedan but sounds soo much better, looks better and as said a million times top end eats the turbo for breakfast, and EB V8 mines a daily driver im 19 and i cant afford to run it easily, only tank of fuel that went no where was the fist couple of days i had it, but can u blame me, now its gets 450-500 kays a tank easily. cheers and go the XR8!!!

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3