BA motor into a AU 

Page 6 of 6 [ 82 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:51 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

tjb45 wrote:
colin55 wrote:
I have read that the BA 4 speed has a weaker oil pump then the au 4 speed, so my plan is to run the Ba motor with an au 4 speed auto behind it, is this easy enough.

does anyone have any information on the above?

Cheers,

If that is true, I think you will find it will be easier to change the oil pumps over. The BA boxes also have stronger gear sets.
Thanks tjb45, do you know if the ba 4 speed will plug into the au wiring loom and be controlled properly?

thanks

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

Not from my experience it won't but you may have a better chance than I did with an E series.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I have bought a workshop manual for the ba/bf and looking at the wiring diagram, in the ba/bf there are 16 wires to the trans, and the au has 12. The books are different brands so there is a chance some could go else where. Any more info here, has anyone put a ba/bf 4 speed in an au?

So as it stands from what I know, I am going to get a BF motor and bolt an au 4 speed to it (pretty sure it bolts on).

I have emailed atomic to ask about their cam gears, so hopefully I can just take the VCT control out completely and then the engine should be happy to run off my ecu once it has been tuned.

The only other thing I am still debating is whether to get an xr6t motor, but I have also read that the au1 map sensor cannot detect more then 2psi of boost. I emailed snort about this and he recomends a piggy back ems stinger. I dont really want to go down that path, I would like to try run it with my ecu and a flash tune.
Is it possible to change the map sensor to a different unit that can go to 10psi or so? Is it true the au2 - bf use a 2 bar map sensor? if so is it compatible with an au1, I think I read it was digitel, where the au1 map is analoge?

Any recomendations? Will the BF motor without VCT still put out a resonable amount of power 150 plus KW.

Thanks

edit: could anyone shed some light on the 5 speed manual conversion , It will bolt onto the engine, needs a shorter tailshaft, a malwood pin for clutch pedal, and do you need the manaul harness or could I 'trick' the ecu (I dont really understand that). Thanks,

(are au, ba, bf 5 speeds the same?)

Last edited by colin55 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Any recomendations? Will the BF motor without VCT still put out a resonable amount of power 150 plus KW.

it should for the simple fact it is DOHC... and a 4L

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

A bit of info for those that wish to know, this is the email I got back from Haltech.

"We are finishing your BA 6 cylinder testing in the next few weeks. We will be controlling the Inlet cam only. You will not need to adjust the trigger teeth, or modify the exhaust cam timing setup.
This engine will be controlled in full sequential mode with an E11v2 system."

So if someone decided to go down that path you could use a BA/BF Turbo engine and use the VCT.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: BA motor into a AU
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU2 Ghia

VIC, Australia

any updates on this, super keen to drop a BF turbo motor into my au vct.

Post subject: Re: BA motor into a AU
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Wagon/ 1967 XR

VIC, Australia

use the B series PCM to run the motor and everything forward of that then you will need to flash the security out of it at the same time so the AU doesnt recognise somethings not right.
Then you have to cut/ rejoin the wires from the diagnostic port to the b series pcm and from the AU BEM to the b series pcm as well.
Thats the easiest way ive found of doing it and also that way you can then run the VCT gear as well as everything else with what should be no issues.
Been done before both NA/ and turbo motors into both AU and E series cars.......good luck!

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6