Fordmods Logo

BA Push Button 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Push Button
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon XT

QLD, Australia

It might sound stupid but bare with me here. Ive had some ignition switch issues and instead of spending $1200 to get it fixed ive decided to install a push button start. I need to find a way to attach to the altenator sesnor and the park sensor but i have no idea how to find them, and the workshop manual has been useless. If anyone could be of assisstance it would be much appreciated, thankyou.

Post subject: Re: BA Push Button
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

tomtom91 wrote:
It might sound stupid but bare with me here. Ive had some ignition switch issues and instead of spending $1200 to get it fixed ive decided to install a push button start. I need to find a way to attach to the altenator sesnor and the park sensor but i have no idea how to find them, and the workshop manual has been useless. If anyone could be of assisstance it would be much appreciated, thankyou.

Not sure if I get what your trying to do or if I am just stupid but can you elaborate on what issues you are having with your ignition?

As from what I think you are trying to do this will most likely not work as you will still have to use your ignition barrel because the security will stop you from starting anything.

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Post subject: Re: BA Push Button
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon XT

QLD, Australia

Sloxr6 wrote:

Not sure if I get what your trying to do or if I am just stupid but can you elaborate on what issues you are having with your ignition?

As from what I think you are trying to do this will most likely not work as you will still have to use your ignition barrel because the security will stop you from starting anything.

Not too worried about still requiring the key in the barrel. i just wanted my car to actually work. the ignition switch fell apart into about 5 pieces. All im after is a switch or wire that has 12v running through it when the motor is running, and 0v any other time.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]