BA Series II Rear Brake Hose replacement 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BA Series II Rear Brake Hose replacement
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Falcon BA 6 cyl

QLD, Australia

It was pouring with rain on Thurs & the dreaded broken door actuator appeared (again), 1 more & I will have replaced a full set.
Anyway I was on my way to work & this time I didn't have the time to do it myself so I took the old girl in to my local Ford dealer to have it fixed. $298.00 later ( I nearly choked) my door opened & closed again. I took the old one home & drilled out the broken cog, put in a screw & fixed it.

Now while the BA was in there they replaced two faulty rear Brake hoses under a Recall Warranty & I have to say that it has made a huge difference.
The car has now finally got good brakes & a hard pedal.
Before the change the pedal always started out feeling hard & responsive while the car was cold but after a few heavy applications the brake pedal always went soft.
I had them serviced by a Brake shop & the same thing kept happening, I even bled the system myself but I could not fix the problem either. We replaced the Master cylinder seals (kit) All F & R Caliper seals (kit) but nothing solved the problem until now.

The Ford mechanic told me that my original brake hoses where of such poor quality that when the brake fluid heated up the hoses where swelling up too & that is what was causing the pedal to go soft. He said that eventually because they where also too short they would have just blow off.

He said it could have happened at any time because the metal ends on Right hose just separated from the rubber in his hands while he was taking it off.

This car has only just hit 37,000 klicks. Too bad if I had been towing a caravan down a hill or something.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]