BA SS Induction on AU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BA SS Induction on AU
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU XR6 5spd, XY 351

NSW, Australia

Was wondering if anyone has done the modification described above??

The SS inductions for AU falcons is nearly the same as the tickford snorkel, which I already have. The BA induction kit has a very large snorkel and seems much better. The geometry seems the same at the front of both engines therefore it should fit i guess??

Only thing is I will have to get a BA airbox as the edges are round where the snorkel joins on. At least then the first pipe coming out of the airbox will be bigger as well.

Any opinions or experience would be great before I give it a go!!!

cheers,
Matt

Oversteer - The only way to steer

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

This is a topic that has come up on the forum heaps. What I have done with my ba is changed the snorkel from ba to AUII XR8 tickford snorkel as it is larger. Also i have used a gt style pod k&N high flow airfilter. Most people use a panel in the BA 6cyls cause it all fits nicely. I removed the Ba box and changed the piping from the enigne to the filter. I now have a stainles steel pipe with the rubber ripple part attached to the snorkel so that the system still has a bit of give when it expands. I also placed a perspex wall between the pod and the manifold and engine to reduce heat on the pod. It is alot better in my opinion than the ss system and cheaper as well. Most ppl use the tickford snorkel and a panel k&N airfilter and get the same gain out of that as the ss induction system. Plus the ss system is about 395 last time i checked and the snorkel and panel works out around 150. Thats just a personal experience and what alot of BA owners are doing. You should just do the same thing i reckon to your AU.

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU XR6 5spd, XY 351

NSW, Australia

Yeah I have done all that already, minus the pod... Thanks for your help but that's not what i asked. I can get BA SS inductions very cheap and it seems the most efficient design. What I will end up with is BA SS snorkel, BA airbox, K&N filter (have panel now, undecided whether or not to go pod), and 3" pipe to throttle body.

Oversteer - The only way to steer

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]