Fordmods Logo

BA xr6 door lock not working properly (remote) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: BA xr6 door lock not working properly (remote)
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

ok lately my keyless door lock/unlock has been playing up. best way to describe it is to say what happenes
-i hop out of the car close the door, hit lock, the pin moves about a mm down then moves back up and the alarm beeps to notify you door is not locked. now the way im locking the car atm is weird, when i hop out with the door open i press down on the lock so it locks then automatically pops back up, i then close the door press the lock button as normal and works fine.
-getting into the car sometimes takes 2 attempts of the button to raise the latch, to unlock the car.
-locking/unlocking the car manually with the key works normal

im only speculating at the moment but i believe the solenoid is on its way out hence why its not locking all the time, i havent ruled out flat battery in remote yet, but i will do tomorrow.
if anyone has had any issues like this before please help, last thing i need is to have my car locking play up then have the car stolen or whats inside stolen.
thanks

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Post subject: Re: BA xr6 door lock not working properly (remote)
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matey, sounds like the Lock/Solenoid is on it's way out. You can buy the new cog that is normally the culprit from Ebay for about $30.00 and, the whole Lock/Solenoid NEW from Ford for $165.00 (this includes a patch harness to fit the NEW lock to your car.)

Part number for the NEW Lock/Solenoid is BAF F21812 A and the patch Harness is BAF 14A584 AMC.
I can get for you cheaper as I work for Thomson Ford.

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer i had a feeling it was something like that, i might pop off the door tomorrow and have a look at what it is.

p.s. its not the remote battery ive tried them :lol:

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i worked out the problem was the solenoid had failed as i expected, so got a new one from the wreckers and fitted it my self.
50 bucks later remote locking is now perfect

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]