Fordmods Logo

BA XR6 N/A 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XR6 N/A
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Can anybody assist with my falcon as Ford don't seem to know or want to know and only ever blame my sports exhaust. The problem is it idles erratically occasionally going low enough to almost stall and some cases does stall. It occasionally has trouble starting and eventually starts with a great cloud of smoke. Driving is fine, only in the idle rev range is it a problem. A freind of mine suggested a "Phaser" calibration but couldnt say more. Has anybody heard or know what a Phaser is. Hey "XRCIST" what is a 2nd CAI and is an XR8 snorkel better than a XR6T snorkel on a N/A XR6. cheers.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

same thing happened to my mates XR6 N/A, he took back to ford and they replaced the TPS (i think) and it was fine after that.... hope that helps. :D

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Post subject: Re: BA XR6 N/A
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:12 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

venom red wrote:
Can anybody assist with my falcon as Ford don't seem to know or want to know and only ever blame my sports exhaust. The problem is it idles erratically occasionally going low enough to almost stall and some cases does stall. It occasionally has trouble starting and eventually starts with a great cloud of smoke. Driving is fine, only in the idle rev range is it a problem. A freind of mine suggested a "Phaser" calibration but couldnt say more. Has anybody heard or know what a Phaser is. Hey "XRCIST" what is a 2nd CAI and is an XR8 snorkel better than a XR6T snorkel on a N/A XR6. cheers.

Hey Venom. The 2nd cai that i have installed on the car is just the xr8 snorkel that fits over the pod system from a ba xr8. It draws in air from behind the headlight. I bought it from ford for $60 and adapted it to my airbox using a 100mm rubber joiner that i picked up from bunnings for $15. Im happy with the increase the xr6t snorkel, 2nd cai and k&n filter gave in performance in sound. Cost vs Performance i reckon its the best mod somebody can do to an NA 6.

Here is a photo of what the airbox looks like with the xr8 part on it. If you need any more info just pm me.
Cheers

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Post subject: BA XR6 N/A
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks guys much appreciated. XRCIST cheers for all the detail

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]