Fordmods Logo

ba xr6 

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:02 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

The xr6T, typhoon CAI and lower air box can be bought for around $175ish. Try FTG (site sponsor) or ebay. A fair sight cheaper than the SS inductions. Sure the SS induction would be better, but RRP of $399 is a bit beyond peoples price range (including mine, damn uni bum that I was!)

The ebay site says to expect around 8rwkw gain, Ive heard people getting between 6-9 rwkw with the above mod combined with a k&n or bmc filter. So is an extra minimum advantage of 2rwkw worth an extra $100-$200?

But your probably better off talking to someone with the SS mod and the typhoon mod, Im just repeating what Ive heard elsewhere.

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:18 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

I wouldnt bother buying the SS inductions. I have it with an XR8 lower snorkle. Spend the extra money on something else...

JMM, same with BPT, buy a thermostat for $40, or go to Supersheap and get the same temp one for $10-$20

Fuel consumption will fall with a 4.11 LSD, especially if you do alot of country driving.

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:18 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: svo

VIC, Australia

is it true that the 4.11 diff will be better econ when i am in like traffic and in slower eareas i know it will use more fuel at high speeds but how much?

black ba xr6 with sunroof = more hot chicks

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

At 100km/h with 4.11 gears, it will probably run at about 2300-2400 rpm in 4th. So you will probably increase fuel consumption by 1, maybe 2 L/100km at the most.

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3