Fordmods Logo

Ba xr6 turbo randomly misfiring 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Ba xr6 turbo randomly misfiring
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba xr6 turbo

WA, Australia

Hey guys I got a ba xr6 turbo and it randomly misfires. I've replaced plugs, coils cam sensors and still done it so I sent to auto leckys and they said it must be the ecu so I replaced that n still doing it not as bad as before it missed everytime it got to 1/4 temp now it does it every now and then has anyone got any ideas of what could be coursing it or anyone had this problem before??

Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 turbo randomly misfiring
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

vacuume leak??
Map sensor??
Air temp sensor??

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba xr6 turbo

WA, Australia

Nahh hasn got vac leak but I gonna check air temp sensor hope that fixes it I'll see how I go cheers.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA Ute

VIC, Australia

Have had the same problem with my ba one tonner on gas for the last 4 months. Have done 69,0000 kms on gas ,129,000 kms in total.
Has an intermittent misfire on petrol only, brilliant on gas. Had it to my gas conversion guy to no avail. However, yesterday it played up as I was running on petrol only, was close to his workshop and thus I took it to him straight away while still running rough. He put his diagnostics on the ute,didn't indicate much and then he pulled the lead off no 1. fuel injector and the ute was still idling rough. Replaced plug lead to injector and then proceeded to do the same with no 2. fuel injector.It dropped its load straight away,extremely rough idle. replaced plug and idle improved as per the same at start of test. I noticed that he put a little adaptor on the end of the injector plug that lit up when on the end of fuel lead no.2 but not on no.1. This apparently indicates that an electrical impulse is being sent to the injector.
Thus the diagnosis at present is a faulty emulator or wiring on the fuel electrical system only. Booked in next week hopefully for a full cure.
Hope that this might be of assistance

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]