Fordmods Logo

BA XT N/A AUTO CAN I GET 200KW AT THE WHEELS? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I really think $7,000 is outrageous but I suppose until other companies start making BA cams, then the price won't drop.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:08 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EA2 5 spd

NSW, Australia

get a set of custom grind crow cams i dont see them being more than 1000
the niz pro price includes valve springs (237 on their own) and also fitting. so leave aside ~200 fitting your paying about 1500 for the cams on their own.

horsepower costs money. how much horsepower do you have to spend?

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 97 R33, EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Holy s**t 185rwk out of a N/A 6!
My mates xr6t M2 does 183rwk stock and that a six speed
I think i need a BA!

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
I really think $7,000 is outrageous but I suppose until other companies start making BA cams, then the price won't drop.

it is alot, but alot of R+D and testing would have to go into them because of the VCT Feature all BA's have

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:50 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

A true no s**t dyno 200rwkw with a N/A auto is going to be near impossible and a totally useless engine for street use anyway.

Photoshop is your best bet when you run out of money and generous dyno's

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

jonbays wrote:
A true no s**t dyno 200rwkw with a N/A auto is going to be near impossible and a totally useless engine for street use anyway.

Mate its not near impossible its a question of finding a parts supplier who supplies camshafts for the ba n/a mine is at 176kwatw atm recorded on jmm dyno and mikes dyno 181kwatw so im sure with head porting and cams i will get 200kw at the wheels.

And you say totally useless on the street do you no what your talking about mate obvoiusly not my car on stock tyres stock auto no convertor ran a 14.3 at 99 mile an hour and best of all it cranks out around 455 nm of torque.So totally useless mate you need to get you head checked.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

XRCIST wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:
fnp wrote:
My XT eventually did 185rwkw with extractors, exhaust, cai and a custom edit.. a good set of cams should get you past the 200rwkw mark.

Yeah thats what im thinking but the cams are very expensive and the only one to do aftermaket cams are nizpro.

Was thinking of doing head work and cams hoping to get around 210kw at the wheels and a mid 13 sec pass.

Crow also do cams for the BA 6s. A friend has one in his XR, its not as wild as the Nizpro profile but the tough sound it has when its idling is to die for.

Crow also have a wild profile (and i mean wild) supposed to make power all the way to 7500rpm, but of course the standard components cant handle that sort of rpm.

The Crow cams are $711

Thanks for your advise i will look into it and see what crow have to offer.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:39 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Ruger3 wrote:
its attainable youll have to crack the motor open though. extractors exhaust intake and a chip will get you 180rwkw on a jmm dyno lol so if your chasing rwkw jmm will be your best mate they have a very generous dyno.

get pacemaker comp extractors and a 3" exhaust if your chasing that power. try jays rpd for a custom manifold if you want an off the shelf item nizpro have them.
nizpro claim 215-220rwkw with their 7000 dollar cammed setup but i think thats a bit generous imo.

Hi ruger3,

Mate i have contacted nizpro and they are not selling these cam shafts anymore they have had some realibilty concerns with there cams they seem to get a lot of cam chain noise and slap.

They went on to say that there is not any sort of a market out there for na 6 stuff and there not interested in producing any more cams.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

theres a fella on fordxr6turbo.com running about 255kw at motor on nos, and i think bout 230 without, not 100% sure though

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I understand that the BF's have extra power because instead of both cams varying in the same way, they are varied independantly. Ask around and see if its feasable to use a BF ECU, or to get a tuner to use your capa to upload an independant dual VCT program.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EA2 5 spd

NSW, Australia

effalcon6 wrote:
Hi ruger3,

Mate i have contacted nizpro and they are not selling these cam shafts anymore they have had some realibilty concerns with there cams they seem to get a lot of cam chain noise and slap.

They went on to say that there is not any sort of a market out there for na 6 stuff and there not interested in producing any more cams.

i didnt know they stopped producing it. but no market for the na stuff? charging tripple than anyone else you arent going to get any customers.
Only now are people starting to upgrade to BA's as they are getting cheaper so there will be much more demand in the future. once they go under ten k every second person will have one.

nizpro are a bunch of mooches they charge too much then go on to say theres not market. look at the eseries boys every second car is cammed.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

jonbays wrote:

I doubt that. I do agree with the photoshop part, but I don't think 200rwkw is unattainable or would make for a hopeless daily driver. My XT was proven not just on the dyno but on the quarter mile on a regular basis and I drove to and from work and so on every day without a problem. It didn't quite have 200rwkw but it wasn't far from it and it wouldn't be too hard to get it past that mark, just expensive and generally poor value for money when things like XR6T's are getting in excess of 250rwkw with only minor modification.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

To bad the i6 motor isn't from a Mustang, there's alot of aftermarket stuff in the US for their 4L V6 Mustang. no where near as powerful as our 4.0L barra but plenty of gear to play with.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

yeah the v6 is only around 150kw! My dads vy berlina has more power than the v8 GT as well. Americans can't build cars for sh*t

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
jonbays wrote:

I doubt that. I do agree with the photoshop part, but I don't think 200rwkw is unattainable or would make for a hopeless daily driver. My XT was proven not just on the dyno but on the quarter mile on a regular basis and I drove to and from work and so on every day without a problem. It didn't quite have 200rwkw but it wasn't far from it and it wouldn't be too hard to get it past that mark, just expensive and generally poor value for money when things like XR6T's are getting in excess of 250rwkw with only minor modification.

Mate what sort of quater mile times were you getting in ]ya ba was it auto or manual mine is currently running 14.3 with 176rwkw.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next