BA XT 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BA XT
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: XT

VIC, Australia

hey ppl just bought a BA XT. its stock and all just wondering wat minor work i can do to the engine to make it go a bit harder. wat exhaust system should i put on it and wat type of extractors are the best. also wats the best computer chip out there for BA's these days.

BA XT. 20'' BSA rims ss induction. in car entertainment.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:45 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Hows it going EBWPN, congratulations on the purchase. To start off, ditch the factory intake system. Get yourself a turbo snorkel from ford, the secondary xr8 cai and a k&n air filter. with all the parts necessary to install this it should come in for around $250. The total intake area for this is about 3 times the size of the original and costs half as much as an SS inductions one.

As for computer chip, get nothing else but the edit, its the best thing for the BA. You can store 3 different tunes on it (factory, 98 oct, etc) and with just the edit alone you should get around 12 to 15rwkw. Fnp got it done on his car and from what he said the increase in grunt below 4000rpm was awesome. The edit costs about $1600 fully fitted with a custom tune.

As for extractors and exhaust system, Jmm or pacemaker are both good. Jmm are a bit more expensive however they do also claim that theirs gives more power, but who knows. Nizpro also make a good exhaust system which retails for $1400.

With those mods you should see around 175 - 180 rwkw.
Cheers, George

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

we can supply the turbo intake aswell as the xr8 intake for these cars,
we also have a lot of xr6/8 parts for these cars

leather xr trim
premium sound
xr front
xr wheels
xr boot spoilers
GT boot spoilers
leather steering wheels & t/bars

ect ect.

:lol:

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

lol Darren ... always the salesman!! :P

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Need to do more with mine :|

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Happy wrote:

the more we sell the more wrecks we buy.
the more parts for sale.

makes you 'Happy' lol

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:55 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:

What's in store for your car next fnp, have you done anything to the exterior?

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

XRCIST wrote:
fnp wrote:

Exterior is stock bar a set of BA 17" XR's to make it look a bit less like a company car. I really want to do something for more grunt but forced induction is out of the question due to insurance (they already don't like me for being 19 with something they count as a performance car). Not really sure there's a lot more I can do otherwise with only a six.

Good to see a few more BA's apart from the XR6T around as well. I was beginning to feel lost in a sea of EA - EL's :)

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

xr8 dismantler wrote:
Happy wrote:

the more we sell the more wrecks we buy.
the more parts for sale.

makes you 'Happy' lol

can't argue with that mate - I've done ok out of the guys in teh past!!! :D

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:32 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
XRCIST wrote:
fnp wrote:

Exterior is stock bar a set of BA 17" XR's to make it look a bit less like a company car. I really want to do something for more grunt but forced induction is out of the question due to insurance (they already don't like me for being 19 with something they count as a performance car). Not really sure there's a lot more I can do otherwise with only a six.

Good to see a few more BA's apart from the XR6T around as well. I was beginning to feel lost in a sea of EA - EL's :)

True to that, in the next year or so there will be heaps of ba owners on the forum :D
Fnp, what diff are you running mate? if its the stock 3.23, switch over to a 3.45lsd or even 3.73. The car will feel alot more responsive and take off would be awesome. Same for you EBWPN, changing the diff ratio is great, cost effective (if you get 3.45) and best of all no one will know. A BA with just an edit and a ratio change to 3.73 would absolutely hammer :twisted:

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I did consider a diff swap. Not sure if I'm happy about the idea of it revving at much above 2000rpm at highway speeds though.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

the diff in the BA XR6 is the same as a BA XT diff isn't it?

just wondering for when i pick up my BA, coz i am thinking a 3.45 will do good, plus an edit, GT airbox(if you could call it that), and ss inductions snorkel, extractors and exhuast, and it should be good, then i'll have to wait to save more money for others things, like sat nav, sunroof, cam, and maybe a few other things but im going to have to wait on the last few things, im not bill gates, even tho people sometimes call me a walking bank, lol

i think those non turbo i6 engines in the are very good and reasonably easy to get power out of, but i'll have a play round and see.

4 cylinders are like chinese food, few minutes after you have them you just want more!

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

fnp wrote:

Maybe look at the other side of the equation... handling, see what some different places have to offer...

You can still only do 60 in a 60 zone before road tax, but having some fun up a range road is always good :D

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

mate changed the ratio in his xt, kida easy idea ptu not simple to pull off, the entire irs assembly comes out, the diff u'll have to take to someone to have the gears changed then the computer is up s**t creek afterwards, in performance mose will hit rev limiter and only just misses it in normal mode, makes quite a diff though. but id put it down as one of the last things to do.
get the zorst and intake done first and then ya chip, i think crow are relaesing some cams anytime now.

EF XR8 - 5speed, Extractors & Exhaust

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:32 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

Storm wrote:
the diff in the BA XR6 is the same as a BA XT diff isn't it?

just wondering for when i pick up my BA, coz i am thinking a 3.45 will do good, plus an edit, GT airbox(if you could call it that), and ss inductions snorkel, extractors and exhuast, and it should be good, then i'll have to wait to save more money for others things, like sat nav, sunroof, cam, and maybe a few other things but im going to have to wait on the last few things, im not bill gates, even tho people sometimes call me a walking bank, lol

i think those non turbo i6 engines in the are very good and reasonably easy to get power out of, but i'll have a play round and see.

XR6 has 3.45 and xt has 3.23.
As you said the BA engines respond very well to modifications and if you want to spend the money you can get huge amounts of power out of them. The nizpro stage 4 kit produces 275 fwkw on their engine dyno and this is still early stages.

I spoke to Simon from Nizpro and asked him about the possibility of a NA BA 6 putting out 300fwkw in the near future and he told me that in their development they are already over 300fwkw in naturally aspirated form. :shock:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next