BA XT Violent Vibrations 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: BA XT Violent Vibrations
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

gmgelfalcon wrote:
Everytime I've done the brakes on my BA and EF, it's always been Bendix and I've never had a problem with them. With the new rotor's I'm sticking with Bendix, but I was also recommended EBC Green Stuff pads. But I don't know anything about them...

And yeah, checked bushes, ball joint's bearing's and K-frame bolts today, all are good

did you check the lower inner bushes? They will most likely be stuffed, throwing out wheel alignments. Also, what have you set the alignment at? Camber/Castor/Toe settings. How are the rack ends? Wheel bearings? Steering rack bolts torqued correctly?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BA XR6

QLD, Australia

I have been having the same problem and saw a note on another forum about the master cylinder and booster. I have discovered that the pin from the booster that pushes on the master cylinder has come free and it seems that sometimes it does not go back into the booster. I am trying to get that fixed now so will keep you posted on whether that fixes it or not.

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

tail shaft centre bearing?

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Bionic BA MkII XR6

Power: 175 rwkw

WA, Australia

shjo17324 wrote:
I have been having the same problem and saw a note on another forum about the master cylinder and booster. I have discovered that the pin from the booster that pushes on the master cylinder has come free and it seems that sometimes it does not go back into the booster. I am trying to get that fixed now so will keep you posted on whether that fixes it or not.

Yep - this is the problem or sure. I have it too.
Apparently it is the ABS cutting in and out and is caused by that pin/rod you refer to.

Ford adjusted mine and the problem went away - for a week - but then came back - and now sucks again.
Recommended fix is a new/reco master cylinder

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII 07 Upgrade XR6T

VIC, Australia

Ok, time to update, I'll admit I forgot about this topic, since my last reply, I've upgraded the brakes to DBA gold series cross drilled and slotted rotors with bendix ultimate pads, the vibration eased down once I had my brakes changed, actually, it disappeared for about a week, it came back but is not as bad, I have put on a set of 20" wheels, the vibration stayed the same. I'm just about ready to sell the car and get a FG G6E. I'll get the torque conveter looked at, I know my shocks need replacing so i'll replace them, and I'm gonna stop wasting time and money on it as I believe it's time for a new car anyway. If by chance the vibration goes away after torque converter or shocks are replaced/looked at, I'll update on here

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

The fix is an easy 1 undo the brake master cylinder 2 nuts hold it on.Move it out of the way as far as you can without bending the brake pipes.You will see a rod in the middle of the booster ,put a small mark on the top , hold the rod with a pair of small vice grips and wind the nut in 2 turns using the mark you made to count the 2 turns.Refit master cylinder and take it for a drive.If it is still there wind the rod in 1 more turn don't go in anymore than 3 turns.The gap between the rod and the master cylinder piston is to small and thats why the brakes are getting hot they are rubbing on the disc , it's the same as if you had your foot resting on the brake pedal . :D

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I think he may of sold the car, the thread is 2 years old.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Just posted this for anyone else that may have this issue

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2