Bargain Extractors!!!!! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Bargain Extractors!!!!!
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

I think I just got a bargain price for some second hand extractors I just bought out of the quokka. The young lady I bought them off said she was selling them for her brother off his EB(he cooked the motor). They are wildcats and are only 3 months old. she said that she thought she had advertised them for $250 but the add was $150. She was quite happy to take the money as was I to part with it for that price. Has anyone heard any bad reports about these? I heard they are made by Genie.

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

i think your right about them being genie but they have press bends dont they? $150 isnt bad but 250 would have been

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

$150's a fair price if there in good condition. $250 is dreaming - for not much more you can get them new. Glad to hear your happy. installing them yourself?

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

agreed u done well not to pay 250..... rip

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

Not a reccomended brand by most on the forum but that's a fair price and they will be better than the stock manifold.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

G'day EFXRWGN, have you fitted the wildcat extractors yet, just picked up a brand new set of the 21X Wildcats for $200 these ones have the 38mm primaries the 21 Wildcats have 41mm primaries. I wont be fitting them for a while until I save enough for the cat and exhaust. Just want to know what improvement to drivability and any power increase they have made.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

WagonDad wrote:
G'day EFXRWGN, have you fitted the wildcat extractors yet, just picked up a brand new set of the 21X Wildcats for $200 these ones have the 38mm primaries the 21 Wildcats have 41mm primaries. I wont be fitting them for a while until I save enough for the cat and exhaust. Just want to know what improvement to drivability and any power increase they have made.

Thats funny, I am in the same position as you at the momment . Just waiting to get the funds together for a sports cat and 2.5" system before I have them fitted. I have also a K&N panel filter with a larger intake on the airbox. Also planning a mod to the intake of the throttle body to smooth over the lip on the entry for better air flow. I have an aquaintance who has a dyno and he is going to do a before and after test for me when he fits the new exhaust. Will keep you posted on the KW gain.

ImageImage
Too many more too list

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Y'eh waitng for extra cash in the family budget sucks. Got bored over the week end so I took my extractors apart, didn't like how the secondary pipes went inside the collector, will get the secondary pipes taper flanged to fit over the collector like on the pacemakers, also the head flange which bolts to the head was not matching the ports, the front three primary pipes where 5mm to far forward.

Attachments:
File comment: Weld removed
DSC02972.JPG
DSC02972.JPG [ 47.27 KiB | Viewed 89 times ]
File comment: Cut and set in Jig
DSC02978.JPG
DSC02978.JPG [ 54.07 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
File comment: Cut secondary/collector
DSC02973.JPG
DSC02973.JPG [ 58.76 KiB | Viewed 133 times ]

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Why were the front 3 pipes 5mm too far forward? they look new. Shouldnt they have been made on a jig to make sure they match the ports? Are you having the joints flared open to slip over the outside of the joiners and re welded?

ImageImage
Too many more too list

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Ive only just fitted a new head so just out of curiosity I placed the extractors up against the old head and I couldnt fit the front six exhaust bolts, no production line is perfect maybe I got a Friday afternoon set.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB falcon 5spd

SA, Australia

dude, is that the dinnin g room table? my mum would have killed me or my oldman if we had done that! LOL

1993 EBII GLI, IT'S PERFORMANCE Stage 3 engine,
XH Snorkel, K+N panel, Pacie 4480, High flow cat,
2.5" Lukey cat back system. Monroe GT Gas shocks + struts.

just dyno'd at 140.9RWKW

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yes thats the dinning room table, haven't got a shed so I do all my work out of my work trailor and store any thing of value inside for the night, my wife has given up telling me off.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I did exactly the same thing with the collector & secondaries.

This might also help while the header is of.

awhile back, I removed the extractor & modify it as mention above by WagonDad, to my surprise the primaries did not align or matches with the cylinder exhaust side. What I found was, there was carbon deposit build up on the primaries flange {recess over the exhaust path.}

What I did was I grind away the excess metal into a cone shape to match the head. { thank you Pacemaker}.

she's a beauty now after every thing was smoothed out. real torquey between 1500 to 4000 rpm.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Have you got the comps with 38mm primaries Slick, cos the exhaust ports measure 35mm doesn't leave a lot of room for error, but you would expect things to line up. Gennie/Wildcat have cheated on the 21X (38mm primaries) and used the 21 Wildcat (41mm primaries) flange plate and opened up the begining of the primaries on the 21X to 41mm. Having a hard time deciding whether to go with a Lukey or Manta 2 1/2" cat back exhaust. Got a mate with a BA GT with a Manta system and it sounds great.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

WagonDad wrote:
Have you got the comps with 38mm primaries Slick, cos the exhaust ports measure 35mm doesn't leave a lot of room for error, but you would expect things to line up. Gennie/Wildcat have cheated on the 21X (38mm primaries) and used the 21 Wildcat (41mm primaries) flange plate and opened up the begining of the primaries on the 21X to 41mm. Having a hard time deciding whether to go with a Lukey or Manta 2 1/2" cat back exhaust. Got a mate with a BA GT with a Manta system and it sounds great.

Its wildcat 21x. there was only 2 primaries just a bit out by 1mm according to carbon deposit on the header flange, 2 & 4. mine was 38mm. don't grind to much out of the flange/primaries, just smooth it out a bit. eg: like a bellmouth
Have you heard of supercat convertors? I've got the AU XR6 ute replica 2 1/2" cat back system, one straight throu glass packed muffler into one resonator with twin 2 1/4" tips. couple of redbacks owners have asked what brand is it cause it sound so mean & different. it cost me $240.00 & its a straight bolt on job.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next