Fordmods Logo

BBM for EL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: BBM for EL
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EDV8 Fairmont

WA, Australia

I am told that EL had possibly 3 different BBM's ex Ford.
I am intersted in the late model EL which was hybrid AU.
Does any one know this to be the case and if so what were differences and various part numbers?

Richie.

1993 ED F/mont 5.0L, Auto, Edelbrock RPM's, CompCam XE276HR, Crane Gold Race 1.7's, Edelbrock Performer, 75mm T/B, MAP, 42lb , GenIII coils, PH4000's , Twin 2.5", Thermos & underspeeds, 3.7 LSD, 2800 stall and MoTec M800, 372fwhp @ 5400rpm & 387 ft-lb @ 4400 rpm.

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Go to a Ford dealer spare parts section, and ask them.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

I could be wrong, but I think there were a 3 different uppers used from EF to AU but the lowers were all the same.

They all work exactly the same, I think they added some mounting points for the EL, then removed some unused casting and changed the sensor configuration for AU. I dont believe there were any changes for the EL-hybrids.

For BA they have changed again to suit the different port shape, and the turbo's dont have the BBM mechanism installed.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think there were a 3 different uppers used from EF to AU but the lowers were all the same.

They all work exactly the same, I think they added some mounting points for the EL, then removed some unused casting and changed the sensor configuration for AU. I dont believe there were any changes for the EL-hybrids.

For BA they have changed again to suit the different port shape, and the turbo's dont have the BBM mechanism installed.

Thats right, now I remember, they added a sensor directly under the throttle body on the AU's.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:43 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:

You would be correct. :D

EF is EF..

EL is EF, plus 2 bolt mounts over cylinders 4, 5 and 6 for the air duct. No changes for the hybrid.

AU is same as EL, but has the different sensor mounting,

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:53 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

So, when they changed sensor mounting did the electronic specs of sensor change.
Its just we are trying different uppes on dyno and find one of them generates some pinging.
Aim is to work out which upper is best for torque vs rwhp.

Richie.

1993 ED F/mont 5.0L, Auto, Edelbrock RPM's, CompCam XE276HR, Crane Gold Race 1.7's, Edelbrock Performer, 75mm T/B, MAP, 42lb , GenIII coils, PH4000's , Twin 2.5", Thermos & underspeeds, 3.7 LSD, 2800 stall and MoTec M800, 372fwhp @ 5400rpm & 387 ft-lb @ 4400 rpm.

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

As far as the way the work, the way the air flow, they are all identical (apart from the usual casting difference between mass produced manifolds). There is no performance advantage at all in changing them.

The sensor change on the au was to fit a combined MAP and air temp sensor where they were separate on the old. It is a different sensor with different wiring.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:56 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Thanx for help - must be some castings are cleaner than oothers allowing better flows. eg lip aroung TB area.
The different part numbers confused a bit.

Richie.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]