Fordmods Logo

Bent rod? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the top ones are definatly all bent.. :shock:

funny tne way they are bent and the heat in them,worked-HARD-MORE BOOST :lol: :lol:

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
the top ones are definatly all bent.. :shock:

funny tne way they are bent and the heat in them,worked-HARD-MORE BOOST :lol: :lol:

The colour effect is editing artifact in the down res to get in on the forum, they look all the same in real life.

I have installed my set of rods to test and they are all within +/- 0.15mm now.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

twase wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
the top ones are definatly all bent.. :shock:

funny tne way they are bent and the heat in them,worked-HARD-MORE BOOST :lol: :lol:

The colour effect is editing artifact in the down res to get in on the forum, they look all the same in real life.

I have installed my set of rods to test and they are all within +/- 0.15mm now.

bit more like it,still surprized that with todays machining.did you use the old bearings,that would be it,all the wear.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

Just to test with, it will be off to the machine shop for a hone and some nice new bearings and rings when I can find one in Canberra.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

twase wrote:
Just to test with, it will be off to the machine shop for a hone and some nice new bearings and rings when I can find one in Canberra.

i thought you had 2 shops in canberra\queenbean,,more or less and quote it up,i was gillards teacher,over paid and full of bs.seen a screwed motor they done.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

Dropped the parts of today to get new rings, bearings and the rods closed and honed with new rod bolts on the bottom end and a full head service for the top end. Got a new gasket kit,head bolts, starter, new TMAP 2 bar and plug, water pump, timing set ready to go. Just need a new oil pump and rat some bits from the BA NA motor.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

twase wrote:
Dropped the parts of today to get new rings, bearings and the rods closed and honed with new rod bolts on the bottom end and a full head service for the top end. Got a new gasket kit,head bolts, starter, new TMAP 2 bar and plug, water pump, timing set ready to go. Just need a new oil pump and rat some bits from the BA NA motor.

so who is doing it?

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

Belconnen Engine centre are doing it.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

twase wrote:
Dropped the parts of today to get new rings, bearings and the rods closed and honed with new rod bolts on the bottom end and a full head service for the top end. Got a new gasket kit,head bolts, starter, new TMAP 2 bar and plug, water pump, timing set ready to go. Just need a new oil pump and rat some bits from the BA NA motor.



I'd be interested to know what you get charged for the new bolts and close/hone.
I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would spend money reworking stock rods only to end up with a rod that is no stronger then the day it was made. More so when new LPG rods are only $44 each.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bent rod?
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

Around $90 for the close and hone, bolts to be advised. AFAIK LPG rod are not full floating.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dp_stoner and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:43 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names