bf engine in au2 5speed xr6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: bf engine in au2 5speed xr6
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

hey guys, I've gotten the mechanical side covered pretty much, it's just the electrical side of the conversion that I'm not 100% on, like would there be a need for any custom mounting for the wiring/ecu ? would it connect upto the dash without any adjustments to it, simple questions really but I just don't wanna go into this conversion by winging it, as it's my first conversion I'm doing on my own and on my much loved daily so any advice would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: bf engine in au2 5speed xr6
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matey, correspond with this bloke BenJ He has fitted a BA motor into an ED wagon. :)

Post subject: Re: bf engine in au2 5speed xr6
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:30 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

loudef4ltr wrote:
hey guys, I've gotten the mechanical side covered pretty much, it's just the electrical side of the conversion that I'm not 100% on, like would there be a need for any custom mounting for the wiring/ecu ? would it connect upto the dash without any adjustments to it, simple questions really but I just don't wanna go into this conversion by winging it, as it's my first conversion I'm doing on my own and on my much loved daily so any advice would be appreciated.

There is a fair bit involved in splicing in the wiring. I have been told by a person that has done this a few times that it takes about a day and a half to do the wiring and he knows what he is doing.

One advantage is that you will be using a manual and won't have to worry about sorting the Auto control.

You will also need to buy yourself an Xcal 3 as the PCM will need to be flashed.

As Papa said, contact Benj when he is back from his trip. I think just after Easter by memory. He will help you where he can.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]