Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: BF Fairlane Water Leak
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:04 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

Hi All!

I have just procured a reasonably tidy '06 Fairlane Ghia, after an almost 5 year hiatus from FordMods during my uni studies!!

I'm stoked. When I picked it up it had a steady drip coming down from over the transmission somewhere. I ran the heater on full and it got hotter and faster :lol: . On the 4 hour drive home, without the heater on, I lost no water at all.

SO, it's a heater hose. Before I jack it up, and start ripping things out, can anyone tell me if this is a K-Frame-drop job? Is it common?

TLDR: Heater hose leak in BF, how to replace?

Thanks a bunch, and I look forward to starting a new build thread when funds allow... :twisted:

Ben

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Post subject: Re: BF Fairlane Water Leak
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:30 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

The AC drain outlet pipe is above the transmission housing under the car. If your car is leaking from the heater core in the heater box out the drain then its a dash out repair and could be the likely scenario also. Hope this helps..

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:53 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

93EB wrote:
The AC drain outlet pipe is above the transmission housing under the car. If your car is leaking from the heater core in the heater box out the drain then its a dash out repair and could be the likely scenario also. Hope this helps..

Hey man, thank yooooooou sir. AC pipe it is. No wukn furries!

As a bonus, took it for an alignment cos I thought it was toed out like crazy, and it was! Steerings much better now and feels like it HASN'T got buggered ball joints. They left -1.17 camber on rear left wheel, which is ~0.4 over spec, but I won't write home about it as everything else is tip top!

EDIT: I should add that I rip the air con out of most cars I buy, so had never seen it running and a puddle of water under the car like that...

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:20 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

All good man. Yeah no matter if the ac is on warm or cold it will drip out water. Its normal.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]