Fordmods Logo

bit of help after engine swap 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: bit of help after engine swap
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:39 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1987 telstar/2004 BA XR6 5spd

NSW, Australia

hey guys...yesterday i put my new motor and T5 into my EF...im just stuck on a few little things. the 2 metal cooling pipes ( one goes from the water pump around the block and stops under the intake and the other comes from the thermostast housing and stop mid way under the intake ) they both have a little pipe coming off them them...im just wondering if they join together or go some where els?

sorry for the bad pic quality but you can see the 2 metal pipes and the 2 little pipes that come off them :)

next question.

there appears to be a vacume hose that comes from infront of where the air box sits...dose any one know where that goes?

and last but not least.

what should i use to make sure those metal cooling pipes wont leak from the water pump and thermostat housing?

Post subject: Re: bit of help after engine swap
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:08 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Q) The 2 metal cooling pipes ( one goes from the water pump around the block and stops under the intake and the other comes from the thermostast housing and stop mid way under the intake ) they both have a little pipe coming off them them...im just wondering if they join together or go some where else?
A) These 2 pipes are connetcted with a short peice of Heater Hose.

Q) There appears to be a vacume hose that comes from infront of where the air box sits...dose any one know where that goes?
A) This would probably be the vapour hose that connets to the Fuel vapour vent Cannister in the left front guard.

Q) What should i use to make sure those metal cooling pipes wont leak from the water pump and thermostat housing?
A) Use O rings, get the ones from FORD, use the BA ones, they are green. Put a touch of silicon on them when you fit them.

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:20 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

thank you for your answers :) once iv got all that done ill be fireing her up Xd
about that vacume hose....its long enough to reach some where at the back of the motor..i just cant figure out where it plugs into :S i was thinking maybe the vacume tree that comes off the BBM but theres no room for it

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Post up a pic of the Vacume hose.

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

ill post one tomorrow...ford was closed today so i couldnt get the O ring's..im assuming ford isnt open again till next year so ill be waiting till they open again to get those O rings :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]