Fordmods Logo

Blueprint and Balance 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Blueprint and Balance
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:08 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon sr

QLD, Australia

How much would i be looking at having this done to a ford falcon au2 sr???

I am just interested to see what prices are out there before i go and have a look at the different places...

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

REally depends on how you are going to approach it. Are you going to remove engine yourself and take it in to the builder or are you wanting a drive in drive out job? First one is anywhere between 3-800 and the other is big bucks as its all labour.

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

a full blue and proper blue printing will cost alot of money.
you could spend more on that then tottle price of the parts going in to it

i realy dont think you should be spending money on that sort of thing unless you are looking to build an insane engine.

any of the current available kits on the market are not going to need that much attention to detail.

a simple rebuild with something like an ACL race rebuild kit and your basic ballance of the rotating assembly will be enough.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

sorry for the noobiness but although i've heard these terms alot, i've never understood them. I think balancing has something to do with the fact it's not a v6 and i got no idea what a blueprint is.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

smiley235 wrote:
sorry for the noobiness but although i've heard these terms alot, i've never understood them. I think balancing has something to do with the fact it's not a v6 and i got no idea what a blueprint is.

http://www.centuryperformance.com/balancing.asp

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hmm, so kind of like balancing a wheel. I'm assuming engines lose 'balance' as their parts wear out unevenly on each side. Is this the same as blueprinting?

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
Hmm, so kind of like balancing a wheel. I'm assuming engines lose 'balance' as their parts wear out unevenly on each side. Is this the same as blueprinting?

Blueprinting:
A: Blueprinting refers to matching parts and modifications to work together. Often flashy parts are thrown at the car, but don't give enough thought as to how they work in conjunction with one another. The 1st step in blueprinting is to decide what the car will be used for. Cruising, stoplight drags, street/strip, strip only, road or autocross racing? Making that choice will lead the builder/owner towards a package that will meet that goal. Add to this your budget.

A: Blueprinting also refers to checking all measurements (i.e. cylinder, rod journals, main journals, etc.) to make sure that they fall within factory blueprint tolerances.

You can't really blueprint an engine without a full engine balance, but you can balance with just the minor checks with Clarence.

Balance: have you ever felt the vibration if you loose one of the counter weights of your tyres . if you drive around with unbalance wheels for a while you'll end up with damaged wheel bearings. same principle. a balance engine does not loose energy throu harmonic vibration. it likes to rev freely. in most case you can increase your engines rpm beyond the factory limits safely.

some one will explain it better then me.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

no, im pretty sure you summed it up great. I've got a picture of what it all means in my head and believe me, thats a good thing.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]