Fordmods Logo

Bosch range of Super 4 plugs 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Bosch range of Super 4 plugs
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

I use the Bosch Super 4 Plugs on m 3.9 MPFI EB Fairmont Ghia and I rekon they are just great. Have never had a problem with them since they were fitted. I was getting hesitation in acceleration before - now engine seems to run better with no hesitation.
I would strongly recommend these plugs :shock:

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Yeah I have them too. Noticed slight improvement on stock car.

A plug is a plug, it just ignites the fuel. Either it does or it doesn't, Haven't noticed any missing since I put them in. Perhaps there was a very slight miss at thigh RPM before. Who knows.

20,000k's so far and no problem with reliability. Checked them 5000 k's ago and no problems or abnormal wear. Be sure to get the right ones.

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

opto wrote:
Congrats 1 SLY 97 EL you have done well, Many others have evaded the challenge.

This Ford is one of the best Factory modded Cars to ever come out if you have read about the specs.

Once again I congratulate you on taking up the challenge..

Awesome car. Even beats the power figures of the Saleen S351 Mustang that had a Supercharged 351 Motor that put out 500hp and 500 foot of torque.I just wish I could have owned any one of these Ford Beasts.. Ummmmaybe one day :?:

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

I have had the same Bosh 4 probe plugs in my car for 50000 km and have checked them once a year. They are sill going strong as at the Dyno day my car ran 127.1kw and 333nm.

They were called Gold Lode I think in the 60s and 70s so they aren't new when I get the cash I will replace them with the same(divorce ) making me short of cash.

In Henry I Trust

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon EA

VIC, Australia

i have had 2 sets of them both sets have had tips brake off or die with in 5000k's stick with ngk's

I really shouldn't f**k with people

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I think a few things are being overlooked here. Basically on most cars here the difference between spark plugs isnt going to be much... maybe the odd kw here or there, the important thing is to corectly gap the new plug... I'd say most poepl just whip them out of the box and screw them into the head. And as many different cars share the same plug, but use a diferent gap, the manufacturer wont have them correctly gapped for your car.
And if your motors eating plugs withing 20 000ks then iether your using the wrong plug or something is wrong with your fuel/ignition/timing
Just use what the book recomends and save a few bucks instead of buying the latest hyped up plugs.
I have $20 NGKs in my ED and they work fine, I have $120 split fires in the audi and they are no better than what was in it... $20 NGKs

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I agree, for $3-$4 each, the NGK's do the job fine!

I got laughed at Burson's when enquiring about buying the Iridium spark plugs. The guy selling them could've talked them up, (i wasn' to know what they are like) but he just said, you're not seriously going to spend about $120 on Spark plugs, he said they were not any better than the cheap NGK's....
I haven't had a problem with them since they've been in.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:11 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Have had a set in my EF Fairmont for over 3 years they are still going strong I got excellent fuel economy 8.8l/100klm's @ 110kph on 1000klm trip with all the family gear in. Those that have had tips break off should have taken them back I'm sure bosch would have replaced them. The benefit of 4 electrodes is to help with cooling of the electrodes to prevent detonation. A single electrode burns away at a faster rate If one burnt off on 4 electrode may be running to lean.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

if you are going to buy bosch plugs..dont send me the money cause I need some beer in the fridge!!

Keep away from them!!

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

if you are going to buy bosch plugs..dont send me the money cause I need some beer in the fridge!!

Keep away from them!!

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2