bran new engine blowing excessive blue smoke 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: bran new engine blowing excessive blue smoke
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

cjh wrote:
Slick wrote:
Almost forgot, if the engine builder ran it in the first time I doubt it if you can embed the rings afterwards anyway. it's the first ever start, warm up & hard loading up of the rings for the very first time that helps to embed it and create a perfect ever lasting compression seal. it could mean a deference between two standard rebuilt engines, one being babied and ended up with 105rwkw & one that's been load to the max for the first time and end up 115rwkw.

any embedding attempts after so many k's is futile I reckon...

Hence the "Ajax trick"......

I've heard about that back in the day but I always thought it only works with leaded petrol. something to do with the reaction when the two are combined in a hot state. sorta like a glass like varnish filling agent?!?
also, wasn't it just a abrasive temporary fix?

fill us in on that trick & the science behind it cjh cause I might be wrong with that info.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: ED, XF

QLD, Australia

If you have a read of a old caterpillar dozer manual you will find that in case of glazing the bores you put 1 teaspoon of bi carb per liter of engine capacity and apparently works like soda blasting the bores to deglaze them. There is also another method with spraying atomised water into the intake but i can't remember the hole story

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

nalane wrote:
Bed the cam in and build up oil pressure until lifter noise stops then drive it like you stole it (sorta). Avoid constant engine speeds.
Once a baby, always a baby.

there is no cam run in period with a roller cam engine like the 4L.

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 141 rwkw

drove the fairlane to brisbane today ( 600ks). engine builder had a quick look and reckons the smoke is caused by fuel, the oil has somehow become contaminated, its filthy dirty & has only been in engine for 2 weeks and its burning an excessive ammount. only a matter of days now til the problem is sorted. its of to the mechanics who tuned it to see whats going on. it had a sniper chip put into it and its the first tune this mechanic has done on an i6. perhaps he hasnt quite tuned it right.
also only got 600ks to a tank of fuel. with the standard engine was getting 750ks to a tank. although the new engine has had a lot of work done to it, surely it shouldnt loose 150k range??

cheers mick

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

If the fuel has contaminated your oil and it is going through heaps chances are it is a result as the rings not being bedded in as said. I would be asking your engine builder what process he used for running in.

It is very difficult to get rings to bed once the bores are glazed, even with the ajax trick.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 141 rwkw

still no word on the fairlane, makes me wonder what these idiots are doing?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3