Fordmods Logo

Brand of tools 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU FAIRLANE

VIC, Australia

I swear by minimax tools. Got a two sets of spanners and a few times i've bent them to fit in tight spots and just straightened them again when finished and havent snapped one yet. Any tool that takes that abuse has to be good. Fairly cheap sets on ebay too.

Now with a hint of "BLING"

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Toyota Surf, EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

k-mart brand.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

most of the big brands you are paying a little extra just for their reputation. esp. snap on. rip off they are. when buying tools just make sure they are unconditionally guaranteed or have lifetime warranty. mine are kinchrome and some other cheaper set that had the right guarantee. never broken anything yet. compressor and air ratchets don't go astray either and aren't that expensive in the long run.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el faimont, dual fuel

VIC, Australia

sidchrome, kinchrome.
if you can't spend that much i recomend supa-tool good value for money.
i've had a small 1/4 set bought from k-mart for like $30 and just broke one socket the other day after 5 years of use, i do take care of my tools though.

why do u write in here.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

When you get into working with tools ALL DAY everyday only use Snap-on or Stahlwille as they are without doubt the best you can get Sidchrome are good if you want something cheap and strong to cut up to make special tools for 1 job. Used Snap-on for nearly 40 years and not broken any yet :roll: :twisted:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

I got stanley - mostly cos Harris Scarfe sell them off cheap in their sales :D but ive only had 1 problem with them, sometimes they grow legs and dont come back :shock:

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

I use sidchrome or snap-on. cant go past quality, and the gaurantee on the tools is great as well.

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

As mentioned above - Supa-tool. I think they are made by Kingchrome and are pretty good for you average home mechanic. It is good to have the good gear but if you only use it once a month there is no point getting top of the range. Dont buy cheap s**t but there are mid way alternatives. Supa-tool socket set is good quality and not to pricey.

After saying that my dad cracked a 30year old sidchrome socket last year and Coventry's replaced it on the spot no questions asked.

Post subject: snap on
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Typhoon

WA, Australia

snap on by far there the best, sidchrome are quite good as well wldnt use kingchrome but, im a tech for ford and i only use snap on and sidchrome dnt take a chance with s**t tools its not worth it but if u where to only use it for little jobs at home use sidchrome by far

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Supa tool is mede by kinchrome, in some cases they use the same die's but the metal has less vanadium in it, Also supatool and kinchrome have a lifetime warranty on sockets and screwdrivers etc.

Stanley/sidchrome is not as good as they used to be, 10 years ago and before, all the isdchrome gear was made in australia and was great stuff, these days it comes from everywhere but australia. if you pick up a brand new sidchrome socket and pick up a 10 year old sidchrome socket you will notice the old socket is heavier,

Old sidchrome will piss all over annything but strapon, but the s**t that comes outa the sidcrrome factory these days is no better than kinchrome, and in some cases kinchrome is better.

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

MO

My sister and her mate just moved to meeka, rekon its good fun.

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Around the home all my spanners are kinchrome and my screwdrivers are stanely. I also have a supatool torque wrench. Its not bad but it could be better. My air tools are shinano or chicago pneumatic.

At my brothers work all of his spanners and wrenches are sidchrome and his air tools are blue point/snap on.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Around the home all my spanners are kinchrome and my screwdrivers are stanely. I also have a supatool torque wrench. Its not bad but it could be better. My air tools are shinano or chicago pneumatic.

At my brothers work all of his spanners and wrenches are sidchrome and his air tools are blue point/snap on.

Sioux Supply snapon with their pnumatic tools and theyre cheeper too.
Suntech air tools are not bad quality, made in japan and distributed by KC TOOLS. All my air tools are made in china flying swallow crap.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Greg_s wrote:
the only reason i asked is that every time i work on a car i seen to crack a socket or F*#k a rachet. what brand of Torque Wrench is good?

warrenbrown torque wrenches are concidered to be one of the best

i have kinchrome sockets and snap-on ratchets. (i broke the kinchrome ratchet)

have kinchrome spanners, snap-on screw drivers, snap-on feeler gauges 2 sets.

bluepoint air tools, blue point is made by snap-on
snap-on brakerbar. (i broke the kinchrome one)
hammers chisels and punches are all snap-on

basicly what i did was get every thing kinchrome and as i broke things replaced them with snap-on.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
bluepoint air tools, blue point is made by snap-on
snap-on brakerbar. (i broke the kinchrome one)
hammers chisels and punches are all snap-on

basicly what i did was get every thing kinchrome and as i broke things replaced them with snap-on.

Look mate, Find out the facts before saying i'm wrong, this is from the Sioux website;

In 1993 Sioux Tools joined Snap-on Incorporated, which added industrial power tools to the extensive Snap-on line. Snap-on Incorporated is a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of tool and equipment solutions for professional tool users. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation service, industrial, government, education, agricultural, and other commercial applications, including construction and electrical.

Founded in 1920, Snap-on is a $2+ billion, S&P 500 company headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin and employs approximately 14,000 worldwide.

Also I was not saying kinchrome was the best just in my opinion they are the best value for money this side of snapon. But hey what would I know, I only work with hand and pnumatic tools all day.

PS. still dont belive me go to http://www.siouxtools.com and see how similar the force range of pnumatic tools look to bluepoint! its because theyre the same tool!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next