Fordmods Logo

Broken dizzy drive 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Broken dizzy drive
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon el

NSW, Australia

Thanx guys for yr info on el engine swaps the problem is actually a broken dizzy drive gear or shaft the dizzy itself is new and undamaged so if I have to take the engine out to fix this why can't I just do that rather than replace the motor

Post subject: Re: Broken dizzy drive
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

so your talking about the aux shaft? the one that drives the distributor? its a bit of a f**k around to find one from someone pulling a motor down for parts then you have to pull the motor out pull all the timing case off the motor and timing chain etc, then you have to pull the sump off and get the metal shavings out, much easier to just get another engine and pull the old one out and drop it in,
i recently bought a car with the same problem and i just pulled the motor out and droped a spare in, and i think its a much easier solution, altho ill be pulling the old motor down rebuilding it and throwing another aux shaft in it from another engine i have from another car when i get the cash

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Rohan wrote:
Thanx guys for yr info on el engine swaps the problem is actually a broken dizzy drive gear or shaft the dizzy itself is new and undamaged so if I have to take the engine out to fix this why can't I just do that rather than replace the motor

It will be a hard task to remove the auxiliary shaft...since you have to pretty much pull the whole front end apart to get to it. Rocker cover, sump, harmonic balancer, timing case, timing chain etc.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

chances are the block will be worn in the front shaft bearing anyway.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]