photo0481.jpg
photo0481.jpg [ 56.1 KiB | Viewed 110 times ]

Post subject: Re: Climate control conversion , big problems, ticking BCM
Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Cheers that helps alot. I must be missing a vacuum line . U have 3 coming out of Ur fire wall I only have 2.

Does anyone know where they go once inside the fire wall ? Besides the heater box. But where ?

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1997 EL Ford Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

doing the diagnostic on the CC module will recalibrate the blend door. Im pretty sure the blend door is not operated by the vacuum system, it is operated independently, so vacuum wont be your problem there.

As far as the heater tap goes, im not sure. Mine works, its just my blend door that doesnt...

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

After looking at a vacuum diagram for the climate control, there are only 2 black hoses coming off the white hose distributor block thingy. so I now know I'm not missing any hoses. So one hose goes to the heater valve , but where does the other go?
Do I need to get a vacuum thing off a fairmont ( near inlet manifold )
So it has one less hose fitting ?

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yay I figured out the vacuum line issue. The reason it had no vacuum was cos I always had it set on 32* making it hot. Therefore no vacuum on the line To close the valve. Then turned it down to 16* and we have vacuum and the actuator closing. But now I just need to get the white vacuum tree off a fairmont so I have 1 less fitting.

So the heater valve works fine. But my heater pipes arent warm ? And it can't be blocked cos I blew into them before swapping heater boxes. It must be the blend door. Cos I'm getting a E2 error . I have a feeling I forgot to put a plug on the blend door motor . Is the anyway I can rule out the blend door with out taking my dash out ??
I havnt ruled out the thermostat yet.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

i should have mentioned that the photo is not mine.

i was browsing through the forums last night & stumbled upon it.

Its an EF or EL with a BA conversion turbo build that just got sold or something. (Look at forced inductions section).

I can not remember if its a falcon, fairmont or ghia.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I seen that falcon. I think it was a fairmont ghia but the hoses are different to mine.
I'm going to the wreckers on Saturday so I'll check out a fairmont. But I'm certain I've got them right. Just need to fix the blend door motor.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i did a c/c monitor and it says my blend door open percentage is 99.5% open, i did this at 16*c and 32*c. so my blend door isnt closing. so when the blend door is fully open cold air comes through the vent and when its closed hot air ???

today im pulling out the dash and going to clean the plugs to the c/c module and blend door motor. also have to feed a vaccum line through the firewall which i didnt know was there when i put the heater box is. that explains why i have 3 vaccum hoses in the engine bay but on 2 coming through the fire wall lol :lol:

any one know whats negative and positive on the blend door motor plug?? im going to put a 12v battery on it to see if it actually works/ moves. its weird when i go through the temperatures i can hear it moving . maybe its jammed and trying to move ???

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Post subject: Re: Climate control conversion .blend door motor issues. E2 eror
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

had a long hard day. my back i aching lol hopefully the dash NEVER has to come out anytime soon :shock:

i fixed the blend door motor. put a 12v battery on the plug. it must of been stuck or something??
so now i get no error codes yay :D

but it still doesnt get hot. a little warm but not hot. i think it might be the thermostat?
but the temp gauge gets up to normal in the middle.

could be a blocked core but i checked it before i put the heater box in. and the heater tap opens and closes. well the actuator moves but then the butterfly might not be moving. one of my heater hoses is warm and the other is cold so it must be the heater tap. i have a spare one which i know works so ill swap them over and see how it goes.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
FYI

Why is ya car running into the middle of normal (so between the R and M? ) in winter. Strange

I have a 82c thermostat and the car sits on the bottom to below the L in normal and my heater works fine.
Could be a blocked thermostat or heater tap

And having a sore back from car work is fun isnt it? lol

well i was giving it a bit :lol: making sure it got warm. but yes it normally does run quite low temp.
ill swap heater taps over tomorrow.

im burgered got no energy at all . lol i feel worse after today than a day at work lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just got home then but on my Way had the heater set at 32*c and it's warm, so it's working . My coolant temp was low too. I think I felt the warm air only because it was a cold night. During the day I wouldn't .
So I know the heater tap is letting coolant through but not enough.

Hoprfully swapping heater taps will fix it.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:41 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Just got home then but on my Way had the heater set at 32*c and it's warm, so it's working . My coolant temp was low too. I think I felt the warm air only because it was a cold night. During the day I wouldn't .

If your thermostat is stuffed it will also produce the same effect. Make sure you check/replace your thermostat. They only cost like $10. If it's stuck open it wont allow the water to reach a nice n hot temperature to allow your heater to function properly.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Shen Long wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:

If your thermostat is stuffed it will also produce the same effect. Make sure you check/replace your thermostat. They only cost like $10. If it's stuck open it wont allow the water to reach a nice n hot temperature to allow your heater to function properly.

I know my thermostat is stuffed cos last coolant change i did. I put a garden hose in the top radiator hose which is connected to the thermostat housing. My engine wasn't too hot either. And the water flowed through fine. It must be stuck open and the coolant flowing too fast .

On second thoughts ill change the thermostat first . Much easier to get to. I have a spare one here which I checked in the jug and is fine.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

took the thermostat out and it was open like 5mm well theres my problem lol
put in a spare working one i had. and heater works almost instantly. just need it regassed for summer time. then climate control will be 100% working.

climate control was a success after changing vaccum lines cos i forgot to feed them through the fire wall oops :lol: and giving the blend door a jump start,

one more problem though my airbag light is on, ive plugged in all the plugs on the steering column. but there is one plug up behind my fuse box . and it looks like the airbag plug but cant find the other plug. can anyone help :?

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

well done dude...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next