Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: c/c conversion . Airbag light always on swapped to ghia loom
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Hi all
I have a few problems . My BCM ticks then when I have my ignition on it gets faster and my boot light flashes.
My lights only work with ignition off. Dash lights don't work. Power windows don't work.
I changed the loom with the one from the conversion. I have a sunroof and there was a relay , with wires going to my fuse box , then to the relay then up to my sunroof , the wires are different colours compared to the 2 looms . One wire coming from the relay goes to the fuse power windows . It's a silver metal fuse ,

Now is this why my electrics aren't working cos I don't have the relay wired in ??

I need help
Cheers

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Last edited by ef_falcon_95 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Climate control conversion , big problems, ticking BCM
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'm hoping that I know why it's not working . Could it be that I will need a BCM out of a fairmont . Fairlane etc as the fairmont loom I have isnt compatible with a mid series BCM.

Anyone know ?? Surely I would have to use a high series BCM it's like using a low series BCM to run a car with power windows . It wont work

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the link , but my xr6 has a green BCM ??
So will I need one out of a fairmont ?? Are they a straight fit

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What am I saying mine is blue Also lol. Got so much running thru my mind atm. Trying to get it running .
I think I've got it sorted. I need a green BCM and a fairmont head light switch. I Also need to remove a resistor from my instrument cluster. That explains why it's not lighting up lol

Thanks for ya help cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

is this for your EF/EL?

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes my el xr6

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I figured out the problem , I didn't connect up the dash looms main earth , I did that and everything I all sweet , except that I have no Custer lights or C/C lights but a green BCM will fix that , and a resister removed from the cluster , then gotta put the it back together .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

i am not 100% sure but i don't think you have to remove any resistors from the cluster.

I believe if memory serves me correctly that the resistor has to be installed if you use a high series cluster or with/on a low series BCM.

The resistor aids the little orange LCD on the cluster to light up when you turn the parkers/lights on at night.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The LCD screen in my cluster lights up but it's dim. Its the cluster and C/C that don't light up but I think that's cos I need the fairmont headlight switch.
And Im sure I need a green BCM for the C/C to function properly

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Once you install the BCM your clusters LED should light up normally & also you can add the Futura/Fairmont Wiper Stalk which also has adjustable intermittent selection.

You may also want to get yourself an Overflow bottle for the engine bay which has the 2 wires connected to it so the dash tells you you got low coolant (if you havent already done so).

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yea my car has the low coolant light , it's on now cos my coolant is empty from swapping heater boxes.

Thanks

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have another problem with the heater. I checked the heater valve ( under manifold ) and there was no vacuum line on it. There is a rubber vacuum line coming out of my fire wall and a plastic vacuum line . I have the rubber one on a vacuum block thing with vacuum lines coming off it . And I had the plastic line in the middle. But I have no vacuum line for the heater tap.
Am I missing a vacuum line , I'm sure there were only 2 on my heater box. But on my old heater box there are 3 vacuum lines. 2 small plastic ones and a larger rubber one.

What do I do ?

That explains why my heater hoses going into the fire wall are cold Because the heater tap isn't opening .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I done a C/C diagnostic test. I have a error E2 which is blend door motor. I had a spare heater valve
Lying around and I found that vacuum closes it so that means mine would be open . But my hoses arent warm. I know my heater box isn't blocked because before I put it in i blew into it and air came out the other end.

How do I reset the climate control ?? Would this fix the blend door problem ??
I'm certain I hooked up the plug to the blend door solenoid.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Anyone with a el fairmont could u tell me how many vacuum hoses are coming out of the fire wall. ( near the washer bottle and where the aircon lines go into the firewall

Cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'm sure the blend door motor works because I went down to 16*c and back up to 32*c. I could hear clicking and the sound of the flap closing, so why am I getting an E2 error ?
I think I need to calibrate the blend door but how do I do that ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next