Fordmods Logo

Cam choice for i6 el falcon 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon

SA, Australia

Well if no one can give me a sure fire answer on this what else can i do for performance that is good dollar value while still keeping reliability and fuel economy. in other words i dont mean spending $400 on some wierd a** intake pipe and gaining 1/2 a killowatt!

what is it with these wankers and their pod filters.....f#*ken too fast too furious crap! You do realise that big suck noise is for your engine and not your member.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
im pretty sure EL hybrids dont need a tune... just because the rocker ratio is 1.8 instead of 2.0 shouldnt make a difference just need a cam to suit that, The computer cant tell there difference. or am i way off?

Wade cams, a sponsor here, says theyve been trying to develop a cam for the AU and the 'hybrid' EL's without any luck?

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

au2man wrote:
Well if no one can give me a sure fire answer on this what else can i do for performance that is good dollar value while still keeping reliability and fuel economy. in other words i dont mean spending $400 on some wierd a** intake pipe and gaining 1/2 a killowatt!

Theres a sticky in the 6 cylinder section with a basic rundown on what improvements you can make.

First thing i'd do is the cam & the exhaust..... or just the exhaust if your gonna have problems fitting one (hybrid head blah blah)

OR you will find money better spent on a different diff ratio, say 4.11's at the extreme end of the scale will give you much quicker accelaration and will feel like a different car. Then you have to fit a speedo corrector as it will throw your readings out, which im happy to give advice on.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
au2man wrote:

Theres a sticky in the 6 cylinder section with a basic rundown on what improvements you can make.

First thing i'd do is the cam & the exhaust..... or just the exhaust if your gonna have problems fitting one (hybrid head blah blah)

OR you will find money better spent on a different diff ratio, say 4.11's at the extreme end of the scale will give you much quicker accelaration and will feel like a different car. Then you have to fit a speedo corrector as it will throw your readings out, which im happy to give advice on.

Im new to this.... how do i find this sticky you are talking about?

what is it with these wankers and their pod filters.....f#*ken too fast too furious crap! You do realise that big suck noise is for your engine and not your member.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Go to the top of this thread where it say "Forum Index -> 6 Cylinder Workshop" and click on the "6 cylinder workshop" link.

Then you will find at the top of the thread lists a sticky called "Inline 6 modification guide"

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Go to the top of this thread where it say "Forum Index -> 6 Cylinder Workshop" and click on the "6 cylinder workshop" link.

Then you will find at the top of the thread lists a sticky called "Inline 6 modification guide"

Thanks ill have a look !

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I cant really find any sticky explaining diff swaps, but if you do a search using the function at the top of the page you will see its a very worthwhile mod, especially for auto equipped falcons, as 1st gear is unbearably long and slow, which a shorter ratio diff will fix

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: AUIII XR6 HP

Power: 137 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The AU engine had a different computer which doesnt favour cam upgrades without a flash tuner/piggyback. The later model EL's same thing.

PACEMAKER 4480, SS H/F CAT, 2.5" REDBACK, INTAKE PIPING, K&N PANEL, PIONEER TV

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

FORD4EVA wrote:
The AU engine had a different computer which doesnt favour cam upgrades without a flash tuner/piggyback. The later model EL's same thing.

yep thats what i heard too, but why would the EL hybrid have probs when its using the same ecu as the earlier EL's?

Unless im mistaken....

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:40 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/crescent ... t-f48.html

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2